The Heated Truth

The next day, Nicole dropped me off at school. I passed my english test. I have two more classes and now it was around lunch, but I'm not hungry so I decided to walk around the football field with my walk man. I haven't seen Billy today, which was great considering what happened yesterday. He must be embarrassed and intimidated, but he asked for it when he wanted to meet my family.  Maybe my father scared him off. Maybe he finally took the hint that we're not fit for each other. 

I suddenly feel someone grab my shoulders and drag me backwards to a chest. I scream and start throwing punches behind me, when my headset fall off me , I hear the familiar voice.

"Hey, Hey! It's just me." Billy says grabbing my arm to stop me from hitting him. 

"Billy! What the fuck!?!" I screamed and Billy chuckled. "Why are you still here?" I asked.

"What do you mean? It's lunch." Billy stated.

"No I mean why are you still talking to me. I thought yesterday was the end of..this." I explained and Billy scoffed.

"Why because your dad doesn't like me? That's nothing new, all dads don't like me." He said then looked at me and put his his palm on my cheek. "That's not going to scare me away. I really like you Veronica." He finished and I removed his hand from my cheek.

"No you don't." I  scoffed.

"Yes I do!" He said seriously as he got closer.

"No Billy, you're just some horny teenage boy that wants me to be your next conquest." I stated.

"That's not true," He paused, "Well I would love to take you right now, but I'll wait until you're ready. And your not like all of those other girls to me. You mean so much more." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Billy, I know guys like you. And I'm not into those guys. Besides, there's plenty of bitches in the sea, right." I nudged him with my shoulder as I walk past him. I hear him grumble 'Harrington' and catch up to me.

"Ronnie please." He pleaded.

"Don't call me that, Hargrove." I said annoyed, and at this Billy just grinned, but then his expression went serious.

"Listen, it's friday  and I wanted to hang out with you after school. I want actually hang out not just have sex.." He trailed off.

"Well I don't want to hang out with you." I stated rudely.

Billy let out a crazy laugh, stepping closer to me. "Like you have a choice." He hugged me, and I struggled to make space between us. "Look, I have an appointment after school, I want you to go with me. I want to show you that I trust you enough to know everything about me because I am confident you're the one for me." He says then walks away.

"What does that mean? What do you mean?" I shout out to him, but he's gone. 

.

.

After school ended, I went to the parking lot, but didn't see Billy. 

"Veronica!" I turned around and saw Max.

"Hey." I said.

"I heard Billy met your parents last night." Max smirked. "Getting serious, Huh?" She teased. 

"Yes we are." Billy says from behind me. I jump and turn around. "That's why she's going to the appointment today." He states and Max's eyes widen.

"Billy are you crazy? She can't know." Max whispers, but it is still loud.

"Hey, hello I'm right here, I can still hear you." I say annoyed with all the sneaking around.

"Max, I want her to know." Billy ignores me.