Crossing Paths

"Do you think he's lying?" Eleven frantically walks around Max's room. "Friends don't lie." She says, upset. Max rolls her eyes. 

"Boyfriends do. All the time." Max says annoyed. Eleven looks at her nervously. 

"They do?" She asks.

"Yeah, and they always say things to try to make up for it. Lucas does it all the time." Max says sitting up on her bed. Eleven takes in this new information.

"What should I do?" She asks, confused.

"You should wait until he admits he's lying, and apologizes or you dump his ass." Max says, and Eleven nods her head, still confused. "Come on." Max says getting up from her bed. "We're going out." and she takes Elevens arm as the head out of the house.

The young girls go to starcourt mall, and go shopping, taking photos, and stopping at scoops ahoy for some ice cream. Steve recognizes El after giving them their order and says,  

"Wait are you supposed to be here?" wondering if it's safe for her to be in the public eye. Max and Eleven look at each other before, chuckling and taking off, crossing paths with Veronica who just got off her shift at the theater. This time she doesn't stop to chat with Robin and Steve, who unknown to her, take turns in the back room with Dustin, trying to translate Russian code, from the secret Russian radio base Dustin discovered.  

After changing out of her uniform, she goes out through the mall doors, and passes by the two younger girls who are now accompanied by three boys. The brunette looks at Mike and says. "I dump your ass."and smiles. The ginger girl gasps with a laugh before they get on the bus, leaving mike and his friends shocked.

A car pulls up to her and she opens the passenger side, getting in.

~~~~

At the Hawkins' pool, Billy exits the lifeguard locker room, a sweaty mess and over heated. He's not sure what's happening to him, but he can no longer handle the summer heat that he once loved. Entering the supply closet, he reaches for a bottle of chlorine, and for some reason chugs it down. The chemical taste strangely satisfy him, as he hears someone enter the storage room behind him. He puts the bottle down, but doesn't turn around. He's scared, confused, and angry at the same time.

"Billy." Karen Wheeler's voice was heard from behind. "I know your mad at me. I'm sorry." She continued, but Billy no longer cared. He knew that Karen and him were nothing serious. Right now he just felt alone, and doesn't understand what exactly is wrong with him. "I shouldn't-" Karen started, but Billy saw an image of him slamming Karen's head into one of the storage shelves. Coming back to reality, he hears Karen call his name. Turning around he glares at her. His attraction to her long gone, but he still doesn't want to hurt her, yet he feels he has no control. 

"Stay away from me Karen." He says before leaving her in the storage room.

Billy enters the pool area, putting his hand above his eyes, the sun making him tired and disoriented, as he walks to the lifeguard tower to begin his shift. He passes by Heather who smiles and flirts,

"Looking good, Billy." but Billy ignores her flirting and makes it to the tower, exhausted. He sits down and zones out.

Veronica gets dropped off in the parking lot. A woman in her late thirties-early forties with dark, curly brown hair looks at her. 

"Do you guys need a ride?" The woman asks. 

"No, I'll catch a ride with Heather." Veronica says stepping out of the car.

"Oh don't forget you bag." The woman says, handing her bag to Veronica. 

Veronica gives an awkward smile. "Thanks, Nicole." she says trying to take off, and faces away from her.