Resurrection

Lucas was with Max in the hospital waiting room, comforting her. They were waiting for any news from the doctor about Billy. It was a miracle that Billy survived with puncture wounds like his. 

Jonathan and Nancy drove Max and Lucas to the hospital walked around the hospital hallway. 

"I'm sorry. I should have trusted you." Jonathan said, holding Nancy's hand. Nancy gave a small smile.

"I don't suppose we'll be getting our jobs back." Nancy said referring to the deaths of their former boss and coworkers that were flayed. Every host of the mind flayer had died, besides Billy miraculously. Jonathan gave a sad laugh back, and nodded in understanding.

"They should have listened to you. Turns out you were a better journalist than all of them." He said kissing Nancy's forehead.

Shortly Hopper arrived with Eleven, who ran up and hugged Max. 

"How are you doing?" Eleven asked  Max.

"I'm fine. I've been waiting for the doctor to give us any news."

"How the hell did this kid survive the mindflayer, while the rest of the victims died?" Hopper asks. Eleven looks up at Hopper. 

"I've seen inside him, he's strong."

Suddenly a doctor enters the waiting room. The group gathers together waiting for a response.

"Chief Hopper, is there any relatives of Mr. Hargrove here?" The doctor asks Hopper.

"I'm his sister." Max interrupts.

"I'm sorry. He stopped breathing. We tried to reset his heart, but it won't reset." The doctor said. Quickly a nurse ran into the room.

"Doctor, come quick.You have to see this the patient from starcourt is alive!" the nurse exclaimed.

"How? He stopped breathing for fifteen minutes. going with a lack of oxygen for that long should have caused brain damage and most likely death."The doctor questioned.

"That's the thing! He's completely responsive!" The nurse continues with a whisper, "He's completely responsive, but has no heart beat!" She whispers lowly so no other people outside of the group will hear.

"That's impossible." The doctors says running to the room. The group follow behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain was all Billy felt. He was surrounded by complete darkness, but a voice coming from all directions caught his attention.

"You have failed me." The voice said.

"Where am I? Am I dead?"Billy asked.

"No, you should be.I can't stay much longer as I am back in my world, barely alive, but I decided that  before I leave you host, I shall let you live." The voice said, before fading away.

"W-what?" Billy asked, but soon, Billy was brought to a tunnel of light. Opening his eyes, he took a moment to adjust to the brightness. 

"Billy!" He heard Max yell as she ran up and hugged him. 

"Max,I'm so sorry.I never meant to hurt you." Billy let a tear run down his cheek.

"It's okay.I know that wasn't really you?"  Max said, then finally took in Billy's appearance."Billy why do you still look like that?" Max asked worried. Billy looked at Max confused.

"What do you mean?" Billy's eyes widened, the doctor came closer to him, and placed his  stethoscope over his chest. Billy looked at the doctor confused and then looked down at his chest. Then he saw thick protruding veins cover his chest. He traced his fingers over the veins in confusion. The doctor's eye widened.

"Impossible. Nurse, you were right!" The doctor said then put two fingers on Billy's neck. "Y-you have no pulse or heartbeat, but somehow you're still alive!" he exclaims.

"What?!" Billy said freaking out. Then a bunch of nurses enter the room, analyzing him.

"Surprisingly with all the shit we've seen this is nothing. I think I know someone who can help us in this situation. I'll be right back." Hopper said leaving the room.

"I should call mom and Neil." Max says, but Billy grabs her hand.

"Wait don't leave me here alone with these people!" Billy said as the hospital staff began to strap him down to the bed. 

"Billy, it's okay. They are just trying to figure what is wrong with you.just calm down." Max tried to console Billy.

Billy grunted in anger, as he struggled in his restraints. 

"H-hey stay away from me!" Billy panicked as a doctor extracted blood from his arm, as another shoved a tranquilizer into his shoulder, and slowly Billy's eyes closed.

a/n:  Veronica appears in the next chapter!