Snow Storm

Rewrite of my previous fanfic Spellbound. Some new ideas came up but didn't fit with the original storyline.

Hope you enjoy :)

***

Berk, in a word, sturdy. And on this particular afternoon, rather chilly. Of course, this was nothing new.

The wind was howling across the island, each Viking going about their day.

Stoick, of course, was sitting in the great hall, feeling rather bored. It was Berks gripe day after all, and the queue of Vikings waiting with something to complain about went on for what seemed like miles.

Snotlout and the Thorston twins were doing Thor knows what.

Fishlegs had been studying non-stop in preparation for his first day of dragon training, even though he couldn't start for another year.

Hiccup had been working all day with Gobber. While he wasn't the strongest, bravest, or even smartest Viking on Berk. He was an excellent, if sometimes clumsy, apprentice when it came to blacksmithing.

Of course, Astrid was the exact opposite in almost every way, being known as the strongest teen on the island. She was sharpening her battle tactics, deep in the woods. She was a hard worker, nobody would deny it.

***

Hiccups shift ended at 5 pm although he had to finish the task he had started before he could leave. He hung up his apron, grabbed his bag, and bolted towards the woods, without saying a word.

He took the same route he did every Friday, avoiding the more popular areas of the woods, failing to notice Astrid had strayed from her usual training spot and spotted young Hiccup racing across the island.

She began to follow him, keeping her distance to ensure she wouldn't get caught.

She followed him for a few minutes before losing him deep in the woods. She was easily miles from the village and found herself lost in this foreign neck of the woods.

***

Hiccup stopped in his tracks, looking up towards a treehouse that had been well hidden and clearing his throat, before a large bucket was lowered to the ground, attached to a long rope. The young male stepped into the bucket and tugged on the rope twice.

The bucket began to rise from the ground, Hiccup holding tightly to the rope until he reached a trap door, which swung open as an arm reached down to help him into the treehouse.

He closed the trap door behind him before turning to the young girl who had helped him up.

She was only half an inch taller than Hiccup, her hair a lighter shade. More of a Tawny color than Hiccup's auburn hair, tied up in a high ponytail with a piece of black material, with a brown kransen around her head. Her eyes, a light turquoise with a hint of purple in certain lighting. A large scar across her left eye that hid nicely behind her bangs. Wearing a deep red shirt with long sleeves, deep grey leggings, shoulder pads, such a dark grey they almost looked black and brown boots.

'You're late!' She playfully punched Hiccup on the arm, before pulling him into a hug.

'I guess you don't want this then?' Hiccup asked pulling her freshly sharpened dagger out of his bag.

She gasped in excitement as he handed the gift to her.

She gratefully accepted and began examining the handle of her new 'toy'. She gave it a small, gentle tap on the edge to check it was sharp. She smiled up at Hiccup before throwing her arm over her shoulder throwing the dagger towards the target at the far side of the room. Both Vikings looked over to see that the dagger had hit the very center of the target.