Tattoo

My friend wrote some of this chapter, credit to Hailey.

Hope you enjoy :)

***

'Oak... I'm back!' Astrid said as she approached the trap door.

No response.

'Scooby?'

Astrid pulled herself into the tree house. She gasped. Oakley was looking outside of the window, with a piece of glass in her left hand. She was holding it tight, not noticing the blood dripping from her hand. Her face was emotionless, eyes puffy and red.

'Oak, is everything okay?' Astrid asked as she walked to Oakley, trying not to step on the shards of glass that were spread across the floor. Oakley turned her head and smiled brightly when she saw her girlfriend behind her.

'Hi Babe! Um, yeah. I uh, just dropped my glass.' Oakley answered and looked away. Astrid sighed and turned her head towards her.

'You know I'm not buying that.' She stroked her cheek. 'What happened?'

'I-I just...' She started before breaking into tears. Her grip on the glass tightened.

'Shh, it's okay.' Astrid said. She was surprisingly calm. Of course, she had experienced these episodes herself, so she knew how to handle them. She took the glass away from her and held her close for a moment. 'Why don't we get that cleaned, yeah?' She said, referring to the wound on the brunette's palm.

She nodded, still sniffling.

She led her to the bathroom. Once they were there, she sat Oakley down and kissed the top of her head before getting up to look for some bandages and disinfectant.

'I have to take your sleeve off.' Astrid gestured to the cloth covering Oakleys forearm.

Oakley didn't respond.

Astrid began unwrapping the cloth from Oakleys arm, she smiled when she saw a black mark begin to appear on her wrist.

'You got another tattoo?' Astrid smiled up at her. Oakley looked away and nodded. Astrid uncovered the tattoo and continued removing the cloth. 'Is- is that my name?' Astrid blushed profusely as she twisted her neck to read that it did in fact say 'Astrid'.

Oakleys cheeks were now flushed too. 'I... I wanted another tattoo. Do you like it?' Oakley's voice faltered at the end. She closed her eyes when hearing the girl's sigh. However, she opened them again when she felt a hand lift her chin. Before her, were two gorgeous blue eyes making her breath hitch in her throat.

'I love it.'

That was it. Those exact words right there, that clicked something in Oakley's brain. In that moment, nothing else mattered. All that mattered, was that she loved it.

It was seconds later, when Astrid felt Oakley's lips on her own. The kiss didn't last long, just enough for Astrid to realize what was going on. For a few moments, they were just breathing the same air, eyes closed and foreheads together.

'Any other secret tattoos I should know about?' Astrid wondered.

'I have one here...' Oakley pointed to the joint where her right leg connected to her body. 'And another one on my back.'

'Can I see?'

'Maybe later.' Oakley gave a slight smile. Only slight, but a smile nonetheless.

Astrid finally finished removing the fabric from Oakleys hand.

'This is gonna sting a little.' She warned and Oakley nodded, closing her eyes. She whimpered as Astrid cleaned the wound and bandaged it. She hated seeing Oakley in pain, but the wound could get worse if it wasn't cleaned. 'You okay?'