Distractions

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Astrid awoke to empty arms. It was unusually hot for an island like Berk. She gently rolled over to see Oakley laying inches away, though it seemed like miles. She was facing the opposite direction, but clearly awake. The blonde shuffled closer and her arm snaked around the brunettes waist. Oakley flinched before placing her arm over Astrid's.

'Morning, Sleepy Head.' She whispered, tracing circles on the back of Astrid's hand.

She rolled over in Astrid's arms. The blonde gently swept her bangs away and cupped her cheek.

'Did you get any sleep?' She asked, noticing the sleepy look on her girlfriend's face.

Oakley nodded. 'Some.' She admitted. 'I woke up a few hours ago.'

'UGH...' The girls quickly sat up to see the others waking up, Snotlout of course complaining. 'Why is it so hot?!'

'Snotlout... YOU'RE ON FIRE!' Oakley shouted.

Snotlout immediately stood up and ran around the arena, screaming.

Everyone laughed as he realized that she had pranked him. The twins began to wonder about their new friend. Had they just found someone to pass their Loki wisdom too.

***

The group all sat in the arena after breakfast, fanning themselves with their hands as the intense heat beckoned.

'Hey, I've got an idea.' Fishlegs suggested. 'Why don't we go to the beach?'

Nobody wasted a second, they all jumped up grabbing their bags. Astrid grabbed Oakley's hand and pulled her off the ground before they all ran towards the beach.

Astrid suddenly found herself pulled back as she hit the sand. She spun around to see the brunette staring blankly at the sea, glistening in the sunlight, stood at the very edge of the grass, tightening her grip on the blonde's hand. The others had all removed their boots, armor and helmets and rushed into the cool waters.

'Oak?' Astrid asked. 'You okay?'

'Yeah.' She said, finally looking at her girlfriend. 'I'm just gonna hang back here, you go have fun.' She gestured to the others.

'You sure?' Astrid asked, looking a little concerned. Oakley nodded. With that the blonde gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before removing her boots and shoulder pads and walking to her friends.

She hesitated as she reached the edge of the waves, looking back to the young girl who had sat herself at the very edge of the grass, her legs tucked into her chest, drawing on the sand in front of her with a stick.

'Hey, Astrid...' Hiccup came over to check on her. 'You okay?'

'Hiccup, something's not right.' She explained, gesturing to her girlfriend.

'She's probably just tired.' He explained, after all she was in a coma less than 48 hours ago, and she hadn't exactly been taking it easy.

'No...' Astrid refused to look away from the young girl. 'It's more than that.' She whispered. 'I'll be right back.'

Hiccup watched as she walked away, before rejoining his friends.

Oakley was focused on her drawing, she didn't react when Astrid came and sat by her side.

'Hey...' Astrid gently placed her hand on the brunette's shoulder, only then did she let out a sigh and pause her drawing. 'Talk to me...'

'About what?' Oakley asked, resuming her task.