26: names

"L/N say ahh-" Sakusa says with a spoon on his hand, feeding it to me. 

After the fight that we had, we decided to catch up with the days we haven't been together. Thus, me and Sakusa chose to go for a picnic date.

"I-I can feed myself you know." I replied being embarrassed from his pampering actions towards me. 

I took the spoon from his hand then fed myself. Although the food was sweet, Sakusa's reaction was bitter. His eyebrows were furrowing and he started to pack up our lunches. Additionally, I swore I heard a bit of 'hmpf' from his mouth. I guess he really wanted to feed me.

Geez, this spoiled guy...

Giving in to Sakusa's request, I leaned myself closer to him and said "aah~"

Sakusa comes forward to me, readying the fork. It was wrapped with ramyeon noodles, just the perfect temperature. He blows off the heat so that I need not to worry myself anymore.

He's treating me like a kid. It's so cute.

As he was about to feed the noodles to me, I got surprised when Sakusa held my chin to raise my head up. I coughed for a while while swallowing the food. It wasn't because I choked from the food, but because of my realization on how much physical touch he has been doing. 

"Was the ramyeon still too hot? Do you want water?" He asked worriedly.

Because of my habit of being blunt, I straight-forwardly asked him a question." Why are you extraordinarily cute today Sakusa-san?"

Sakusa blushes, unaware of his actions. I can easily his expressions today since he isn't wearing his mask to this picnic date.

"I wanted to make up for what I did."

So that's what this is all about. 

He still feels accounted for what happened between us. Although he was at fault too, he has to move on from it. Sakusa needs to understand that having one love quarrel is not the end of a relationship. Rather, it can be a stepping stone to build greater trust and extensive bond. So I thought of another way to make him feel better. 

"Then how about you call me by my name." I cheerfully say.

"L/N?"

"No! I meant my first name!"

"But that's only for people who are close with each other?"

I gave a blank expression, wondering if Sakusa was dumb, oblivious, or really just dumb.

Are we not a couple?!

"Bye I'll be going now." I stood up from my seat, pretending to leave Sakusa.

"Y-Y/N!"

I turned to him and smiled. "That's more like it."

He gave me a sour look. It wasn't mad nor angry. It was more like he was cringed with the sudden turn of events.

"Ugh. Why do I have such a persistent girlfriend. You're like Motoya." He says.

As I was laughing at how I teased Sakusa, it was his turn to catch me by surprise.

"Then call me Kiyoomi."

"E-Eh?! It's too sudden though?" I replied with pink tinted cheeks.

"Then I'll be leaving too."

He patted on his lap, readying to stand up. But before he could, I grabbed him by the end of his shirt, pulling him down. 

"K-Kiyoomi..." 

There was no response from Sakusa. He just sat there, staring at my (e/c) eyes. 

I was getting awkward with the tension so I broke the thin ice between us, "What is it?" 

"Actually, call me Sakusa-san again." 

With that, I became confused. Then I jolted from my seat when Sakusa slaps his face to cover himself up. But looking at his ears, it was turning red just like my cheeks.

"This is too much to handle for me." Sakusa told me.

It was so adorable seeing Sakusa get flustered. This was a once in a life time opportunity. Therefore, I made up my mind to tease him even more.

"Kiyoomi come sit beside! Kiyoomi  the food is so good! Kiyoomi let's go fishing! Kiyooomiii!" I waved my hand, calling out Sakusa by his first name.

I could see unordinary presence of smoke coming out from his head. He was overheating just because I called him Kiyoomi.

How innocent.

Once again, he pats on his lap, readying himself to leave. As he stood up, he said his farewells to me. "Bye I'm really going now."

"Eh? Then should I finish the food that I myself cooked? Food. made. by. me?" I tried to taunt him by luring him with my cooking. 

It took a while before he responded back. "No." Thus, he returned back to the picnic blanket and continued to feed me like a mom.

Sakusa: Wait Y/N thinks of me as a mom?

A/N: You're not supposed to speak, it's not your POV.

Sakusa: Shut up author. Don't give me that mom-zone

A/N: O-Okay

Take 2 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It took a while before he responded back. "No." Thus, he returned back to the picnic blanket and continued to feed me like what normal couples would do.

Sakusa: That's more like it.

A/N: ತ,_」ತ

—end of chapter 26—