10 : lingering feelings

"Since exams are over, how about we finally go to the arcade today?" Hori asks as she stretch her arms in relief.

"Sorry Hori, but me and Sakusa-san need to start with our project."

Hori scoffs and slaps my back.

"Ow! What was that for?" I say while rubbing the part where it hurt.

"Project my ass! You're just going to have a loveydovey date with Mr. Ace."

L-Loveydovey?! I don't even like that guy!

...Maybe.

"Hey no, we're really going to do our project today. Look!"

I took my phone and showed Hori about Sakusa's last message.

-

Angry Bird: Let's meet up and do our project today.

You: Okayヾ( ์ ω ์ )b

[ 1 New Message From Angry Bird ]

Angry Bird: Want to go somewhere first?

-

Hori gives me a smug look, patting me on my shoulder. "I told you it was a date."

"Huh? Wait what?"

I flipped my phone to see Sakusa's new message.

"I guess it's a date then."

I didn't know why but my whole body feels lighter and more energized. Sakusa became more like a battery charger for me.

"Seriously, are you still a fake couple or what?"

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"It just feels like you've been closer to him. You used to rant on how rude and horrible his attitude is and now, just by receiving a message makes you smile."

It's true though. The more I get exposed to Sakusa's presence, the more I see the better version of him that I guess even none of his fans have seen.

"I just think he's actually a good person you know. And I don't smile because of his messages!" I answered to Hori's question.

"Hmm," Hori puts her right hand on her waist, while the other on the tip of her chin. It was like she was observing me through my eyes.

"Do you ever think that you're going to be a real couple someday?"

"N-No!" I coughed after replying to Hori.

"Then why did you stutter?"

"I don't know."

"Do you like him Y/N?"

"N-No..."

Hori raised her eyebrows, not convinced with my response.

"I don't know.. maybe as a friend?"

While me and Hori were trying to figure out my feelings, I saw Sakusa heading towards our direction. He went past the main building so I assume he became the classroom cleaner for the day.

"L/N." Sakusa calls me with his usual blank voice.

"Sakusa-san? How did you find me? And why are you here?"

"You didn't reply to my message so I came to check if you're coming with me or not."

I find it amazing how Sakusa just pops out of nowhere and finds me at the most random places.

"My bad! I was talking to Hori so I forgot to reply hehe."

I'm pretty sure I heard Sakusa let out a sigh but I didn't investigate more about it. Just when I was absorbed with my own thoughts, Sakusa turns around, showing his silk curly black hair.

"Where are you going Sakusa-san?"

"I don't know if you're coming or not, so I'll just go ahead."

"Hey wait for me! Bye Hori!" I picked up my pace to go catch Sakusa who was already a little bit far from my distance.

-

While Y/N and Sakusa were slowly fading from Hori's point of view, her thoughts was filled on why she's always left alone like this.

"Deja vu?"

-

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

OMI IS NOT A STALKER omg please don't misunderstand ヽ༼ಥ_ಥ༽ノ

He was just simply worried and he came to look for you. Omi is not a bad person and just wants to *censored spoiler toot* so stay tuned !!

- end of chapter 10 -