07 : bad liar

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

|ω・')ノ Hi !! This chapter's really short but I do hope you'd still enjoy it !!
And please do tell if you like the story so far. I'm open to comments and reactions hehe

Sakusa's POV

"So we need to take note of the amount of force along with the acceleration, before testing out the free fall of our object." L/N says as she was sketching the blueprint of our science project.

After cleaning her room, we immediately went back to business for the real agenda of the day. I noticed how L/N was so immersed in academics.

She's so different when she's focused on something. It's feels calm.

"Sakusa-san?"

"Huh?" I didn't notice that I analyzed L/N too much.

"Wow it's so rare for you not to listen."

I paused for a moment, trying to come up of an excuse. If she finds out that I was thinking about her then she might get the wrong idea.

"I fear that germs might crawl onto me."

"But we cleaned just a while ag--?"

Before she could finish, I cut her off by asking a question. "So about the project?"

I heard L/N chuckle as I drifted the topic into a new one. She probably thought that I was bad at it and I have to admit, I am bad with dishonesty. Luckily, L/N just slid it through.

"Anyway we need go to a near convenience store to buy the materials we need." She says before grabbing her coat to go outside.

"Okay."

"Rubber bands check

"Rubber bands check. Barbecue sticks check. A dozen of eggs check. Hey Sakusa-san I got everything we need."

L/N was done with our shopping spree, but I was still at the sanitizing area, giving a glimpse on the items.

"You buying something Sakusa-san?"

"Yeah."

L/N was tracing her eyes to my direction as I took a pink sanitizer on the shelf and paid for it over the counter. I went to where she was standing at, and I gave her the sanitizer without our palms touching.

"Here."

I bet she won't like it.

"Thank you Sakusa-san!" Her hands clasped together, with the plastic on her arm giving a wrinkly sound.

She was happy with the sanitizer?

I decided to ask her if it was to her liking. "You appreciate that small thing?"

"Of course. I mean, this is the first time I received something from someone who's not Hori. It just makes me feel special. Even if it's just a bottle of alcohol."

I saw her face radiating so brightly that it made my heart skip a beat.

What is this feeling? Am I having a cardiovascular disease?

I walked ahead of her as usual, giving her the cold treatment. "The alcohol has no meaning. It's just so I could prevent the germs coming from you."

"Whatever angr-- Sakusa-san."

"Stop calling me angry bird."

She thought I didn't know about her nonsense nickname for me.

"EEP! I-I'm sorry!" L/N panicked, and she kept bowing as if we were in a shrine.

I didn't respond and just sighed in return.

Why do I feel so refreshed whenever she's here? Maybe she's an indicator that I'm in good health.

"Yes, that's it." I told myself.

"What's it Sakusa-san?"

"The materials you bought."

Oh so I can be a good liar after all.

- end of chapter 7 -