36: unexpected events

"Kiyoomi Sakusa eh.." My dad says as he stare into my boyfriend's eyes.

Kiyoomi was finally meeting my parents for the first time and without a doubt, I feel nervous about it. Having Asian parents, I always hid everything that has happened into my life because they always told me how dangerous the world his. The reason why they found out about me and Kiyoomi was probably because of the news that broadcasted me shouting into the court, cheering for his last volleyball game. And now here we are, me and Kiyoomi sitting in front of my mom and dad as they commerce questions to Kiyoomi.

"Why did you date my daughter?" Dad asked first.

"She's the sole reason why light was brought back into my darkness." He responded with his usual blank face.

Smooth.

"What if you both entered different colleges because of different aspirations?" Mom followed.

"Distance does not measure the value of our love. I will continue to meet up with her even with busy schedules." 

As time goes by, the questions get harder and harder just like how we take an exam. But that didn't stop Kiyoomi from answering them in order to gain my parents' trust.

"Why did you not tell us about your relationship with my daughter?"

"I wanted to meet you both on the right opportunity. I didn't know that you were back in Japan, but if I did, I would have let Y/N contact me immediately to officially introduce myself."

"What if you fight with Y/N? Will you give up on her?"

"We already had multiple arguments and throughout that experience, I learned that those fights are what brings us even closer together."

"Last question."

I gulped when I heard dad say that. No one ever gets out from my father's last question because one, it is impossible to answer and two, I don't think there's ever an answer that will satisfy him once he's serious.

"Have you done IT with my daughter?"

There was a pause between the room and I wanted to get out of this situation. I didn't even know why I needed to be in the same room as them when I'm not even allowed to speak. After a couple of minutes, Kiyoomi grabbed my hand under the table. This made me sure that he was in fact nervous and didn't know if he will respond correctly. But I will trust Kiyoomi and no matter what, I won't give up on him.

"Yes sir but only once. I'm sorry for conducting an immoral act on my part. I will restrain myself and wait until marriage comes."

M-Marriage?! That fast?

I blush at his answer, stumbling a little from my chair. But as I was revealing my startled expression, my parents laughed and it was frightening. I don't know if they accepted Kiyoomi or just saw him as a joke. Then my mom began to speak.

"Actually, we already agree on your relationship with Y/N. We just teased you both a little for taking it at least a year to tell us about you guys being boyfriend and girlfriend."

I slammed my hands unto the table, starting everyone in the room. I couldn't figure out why this was happening and why it seemed so easy. "Aren't you strict about me getting a boyfriend?" I say with a confused look.

"Well of course. But this is Kiyoomi Sakusa we're talking about!" My mom replied as she clasped her hands.

"Volleyball ace, good grades, clean freak, and honest. What more do we want from this guy? He's already perfect for you Y/N." My dad followed.

At the end of the day, we became legal and I was still dumbfounded at how fast things went through. As I stare into a blank space, Kiyoomi poked me from my cheek.

"W-What?" I looked at his direction.

"Do you dislike it that much for me to meet up with your parents?"

"No.. it just feels too good to be true."

Kiyoomi sighed and took my hand. "Then is this also too good to be true?"

Suddenly, I felt a cold circular metal slip into my finger. My eyes widened to see a beautiful silver ring.

WHAT? PROPOSAL DURING HIGH SCHOOL?

"No. I'm not proposing yet." Kiyoomi says as if he heard my thoughts. "But this is my proof that I will someday. And to make that happen, I will never let you go. So until that day, will you accept me for now Y/N L/N?" Kiyoomi asked with sparkles shimmering in his eyes.

He didn't kneel down since I know that the ground to him is a hundred percent full of germs. But he hugged me after his proposition, with his left hand patting my head gently. I distanced my face from him, still hugging his torso. Slowly, I undid his face mask and kissed his lips as I cupped my palm into his cheek. 

"Does that answer your question?"

I then saw a different side of Kiyoomi where he looked like a cat. He blushed so hard, and his eyes grew wide from shock. It was an adorable sight to look at. He wanted to cover his face using his arm, but I restrained him from doing so.

"I.. didn't expect that you'd accept me so quickly." He says while diverting his eyes from me.

I chuckled before replying back. "Well I didn't expect you to propose." 

We leaned in closer to each other, bringing our lips back again. It tasted sweet as usual, but today was extraordinarily delightful that was probably because of unforeseen happiness.  Under the moonlight where the stars shined brightly as ever, I was sure that I found the person who I will spend my whole life with. 

  end of chapter 36 —