08 : umbrella

"How am I supposed to go home now?"

The sky turned dull and the rain is pouring down like cats and dogs. I could barely even see a thing due to all the droplets from the rain.

Even when I heard the weather forecast announce that there was going to be a heavy rainfall, I still forgot my umbrella at home.

As I was processing about my life regrets, Hori came across to my direction, giving me the 'poor-you-who-doesn't-have-an-umbrella' look.

"Hori can I please please pleaaaase ride home with you today?" My hands were already gripping each other just to plead to Hori.

"As much as I want to, you know how strict my parents are. Plus, we both live in opposite sides so it'll be hard for me to go home too."

A black car stopped in front of us, honking for at least three times. It must have been Hori's private chauffeur since the car was a Mustang.  This friend of my is filthy rich yet she won't even care to buy me an umbrella.

Ugh! 

"Well, there goes my service. See ya Y/N, and I'm really sorry for today. Just share an umbrella with Sakusa-san or whatever." She says while she was walking towards her car, waving a goodbye.

"I'll think about it, bye!"

I guess I have to go home soaking wet today. Damn you Hori!

When I was punching in mid-air, I heard someone call out my name.

"L/N?"

I took a quick turn to see my 'beloved boyfriend' standing behind me.

"Sakusa-san?"

"Why are you still here? I thought I told you that I can't drop you home today." He says in his usual monotone voice.

"Well, the thing is..." 

My fingers were poking with on another, diverting my eyes from Sakusa. It just feels so embarrassing that a lady like me would forget such a basic necessity. But it was too late for that. Sakusa was already examining my umbrella-less hands.

"No." Sakusa says loud and clear.

"But I haven't even asked anything yet!"

Although I was really going to ask him if I could share an umbrella...

Before I could speak out my thoughts, Sakusa turned his back away from me and starts to walk under the downpour of rain, with his umbrella on his right hand.

Well get you a boyfriend.

I don't really think that there are any more possibilities that I could go home without getting wet. So my final plan is to run like the wind as my old toy Woody would say. Just like a marathon's starting position, I bent my body and stretched my right leg backwards. My hands were touching the ground and I was about to count before running like a cheetah.

3...

2...

"Um... L/N  what are you doing?"

"K-Komori-san?!" I jolted up to fix my posture. It was so shameful to let Komori see me like that.

"Well you see, I actually forgot my umbrella hehe." I say as I nervously rub my scalp using my left hand.

"Where's Kiyoomi?"

"He just went home."

Komori's face frowned when he heard what Sakusa did. He probably thought that he's bad at being a boyfriend. Technically we aren't officially a couple since we don't have feelings for each other. 

Too bad Komori doesn't know. He must've been blaming Sakusa right now.

Just then, Komori walks towards me and leaned his arms to share his umbrella for the two of us.

"I'll take you home okay?"

"Oh no I might disturb your time,"

I really want to go home safely, but I might just cause problems for Komori.

"Alright, so how do you intend to go home?" Komori says with a serious look, having both of his arms crossed but still holding the umbrella.

Without giving any thought to it, I proudly exclaimed "By running!"

"Then Kiyoomi will be mad if you get sick." He responded back quickly.

"Then why didn't he take me home?"

If I would be honest, my heart aches a little for Sakusa's decisions. Any person would feel this way if they aren't protected by who they expected to be there right?

"I'll walk you home L/N please?"

I guess this is one way to prevent a cold shower under the rain.

"Okay. Thank you Komori-san."

Komori gave me a faded smile as we went our way towards the school gate.

Extended Ending ♡*:・。.

Sakusa's POV

"Why is the line here in 8/11 so long?" 

After I noticed how L/N wasn't carrying an umbrella with her, I quickly went to a convenience store to buy a temporary umbrella. If we shared under the same roof, then both our outer shoulders would be freezing cold from the drips of rainfall.

I doubt she'd run off.

After a few minutes of standing in line, I finally got to pay for a purple colored umbrella that I'll give to L/N. I walked faster than my usual pace, expecting L/N to be where she was at. 

Unfortunately, she wasn't there.

My pace became faster than a while ago, tracing the directions of her home. She must have ran home without anything above her head.

A few miles later, I saw her walking beside Komori. My rush of worries disappeared. I looked back and threw the newly-bought umbrella at a trash can.

"Good luck to them if they get sick."

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

JUST IMAGINING THIS SCENARIO HURTS MY KOKORO!! (˚ ˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚

I'll bring justice for Omi Dear so stay tuned everyone !!!

— end of chapter 8—