05 : confidential

A Kiyoomi and Motoya Side Story ♡*:・。.

"Oh? Kiyoomi the quitter is back on the court? I thought you quit volleyball?" Komori says as he drops a ball and walks over to Sakusa.

Sakusa still fixing his volleyball shoes, responded to Komori as frigid as ever. "Just as a member." He then stands up to go to the court leaving Komori behind. "Doesn't mean I can't play right?"

"Hai hai. I'm just messing with you Omi."

Komori followed Sakusa who was already starting to play a graceful game of volleyball.

"Don't call me that." Sakusa answered to Komori's endearment.

After playing for almost two hours straight, Komori has gone to a water fountain, just outside the their building. Komori lowered himself, tilting his head to catch water for his dry mouth. Something suddenly caught his attention, fixing himself just in cause she'll see him.

"As I was saying Hori, I think that Dabi is really from the Todoroki family!" It was Y/N, talking about anime stuff with her friend.

"It just feels impossible. Anyway, it's just a theory, so we'll never know the truth." Her friend replies.

As soon as Komori saw Y/N, he just couldn't help but think how she and Sakusa became a couple.

"I thought that pessimist wouldn't get a girlfriend." Komori mumbles to himself.

When Komori got back to the court, he has decided to ask Sakusa about their relationship history.

"Hey Kiyoomi."

"What?"

"Why did you date L/N?"

"Parents."

"I've known you since we were children, so don't lie to my cousin."

Sakusa sighs under his mask, making Komori feel nervous if he had stepped on a landmine.

Luckily, Sakusa replied with a good response. "Can we talk about this at home?"

He seems weird. Komori thought. It was as if the reason was confidential.

"Fineee."

Komori was impatient with Kiyoomi's arrival at their house, so he decided to clean his room first

Komori was impatient with Kiyoomi's arrival at their house, so he decided to clean his room first. As he was organizing some of his things, he saw a notebook that stood out among the rest.

"Oh. It's L/N's notebook that she dropped last year." Komori says while he flips the pages of her pink notebook.

What a cute hand writing. He thought.

"Sorry I was a bit late. L/N got hungry along our way home." Sakusa did not mention further information as he knows that Komori would just tease him.

Sakusa noticed how Komori was busy with other things. He took a glance on what his cousin was so focused on, and he saw a pink notebook.

"Didn't you return that to its owner about a year ago?"

"My disfunctioning brain forgot /ᐠᵕ ‸ᵕᐟ\ノ"

Sakusa found Komori's answer strange. He knew that his cousin was not a forgetful one, but he didn't look into it furthermore as it was not his business to meddle.

"Anyway," Komori says before jumping on his bed. "So why did you date L/N?"

Komori's head was resting on his palm, nervously waiting for his answer. It took a while before Sakusa opened his mouth (not that we can see it), but eventually, he answers Komori's random doubt.

"Grades."

"What? But you're smart though?"

"I am." Sakusa says, finally removing the jacket he was still wearing from where he went. "But I don't have interpersonal relationships. L/N's the best option I have for the upcoming project. If I don't get a grade to approve my parents expectations, then it's retirement for me."

"Why her?" Komori says, not processing every word that Sakusa was telling him.

"She's smart. Plus, she doesn't like me which makes that more comfortable to be with."

"You could've just asked her."

"She won't accept." Sakusa says, spraying his hand with alcohol.

"You're wrong Kiyoomi. All of this, it's wrong."

"I know, I'm sorry. This is the only way I could think of. I'll apologize and explain everything once its done."

To Komori's frustration, he stands up from his bed, about to walk out of his room.

"By the way," Komori inserts. "Don't hurt L/N." Then he continues to leave Sakusa alone.

Komori went straight to the bathroom to cool his head off. Even when he told Sakusa that what he was doing was wrong, Komori was no better. He felt mixed emotions of frustration and relief. Mad because of Sakusa's decisions, but at the same time, relieved that it wasn't because his cousin liked Y/N. After all, Komori still has feelings for Y/N.

- end of chapter 5 -