13 : realizations

"How to know if you inherit feelings for someone unexpected."

I made my way on the internet to search advises about me liking someone. Wikihow was the first link that showed up, and I read at least five steps to determine these lingering feelings.

Wikihow: How to Realize You Love Someone

1. Thinking about your special someone 

"Well of course, since he's my fake boyfriend."

2. Physiological reactions when you think about him

"I want to spray alcohol in his face like what he did to me."

3. Identify how much you like a person 

"As a friend."

4. Write what is special about your special someone 

"Sakusa-san's clean unlike other boys?"

5. Determine whether you accept your special someone for who he/she 

"No."

From the given techniques that I've answered, I guess I only like him as a friend. I just overreacted a bit too much.

I lay down on the floor and exhaled heavily from relief. I twisted my body to the left which made me face the couch. There I saw Sakusa's scarf that was still properly folded due to his germaphobe nature. I crawled a little bit, trying to reach Sakusa's scarf. 

He must have forgotten about this.

Not realizing my actions, my hands gripped on Sakusa's scarf, placing it in front of my face. I sniffed out the scent of Sakusa from it, only to give me a racing heartbeat.

"Lavenders... Sakusa's smell..."

If I would finally be honest with myself, I could say that I purposely made myself act dumb about my feelings for him. But I couldn't deny it any further the more time me and Sakusa spends alone together. Eventually, I spoke out the words my mind was filled with.

"I... I like Sakusa-san..."

Absorbed with my own emotions, I suddenly heard another voice across the living room.

"What?"

I recognize this voice.. It can't be...

I turned my gaze at the front door, seeing Sakusa standing there as he heard my indirect confession.

I fucked up.

Extended Ending ♡*:・。.

Sakusa's POV

I was on my way to ride the bus when I felt like there was something missing from my attire. It took me a couple of minutes before I realized that I left my scarf at L/N's home.

"I'll just get it tomorrow."

But as they say, actions speak louder than words. My feet started to move in the opposite direction, guiding me to L/N's house.

I'll get my scarf so that she won't wash it for me.

Yes that's right.

I don't want to admit that I just want to see her face even if it's only for a short amount of time.

When I got back to her address, I knocked on the door but no one answered. 

Is her fever that high?

To my concern, I twisted the doorknob, letting myself inside. 

This girl even forgot to lock her house. What if strangers come in? This thought makes me furious.

 Before I could walk to her room, I found L/N who was lying down on the ground of her living room. She was sniffing my scarf.

W-What is she doing?

"I... I like Sakusa-san..."

A blushed crept on my face but it couldn't be seen due to my face mask.

"What?" was all I could say.

 I was dumbfounded with the situation, not believing at the thought that our feelings are mutual.

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

happy holidays everyone !! cheers for a better year !!

— end of chapter 13—