Chapter 21

***Apologize for any misspellings/grammar errors you may find. Had to write this chapter via phone since I'm such a procrastinator and my laptop decided not to work 😒. But will continue giving you all the updates you deserve!! 🙌🏾🙌🏾

Next update: March 5th
Vote 40
Comment 60

Rhianna

*

"Ree. Ree!" I groaned and tried burying myself under my pillow. "Girl get up!" Erica snatched the cover straight off me.

"What man?" I sucked my teeth. "I've got a headache and not feeling good. Leave me alone."

"Get out here right now. Mom wants to talk to you."

"Fucking snitch," I muttered. I climbed out of bed and put some clothes on. I picked the comforter up off the floor and wrapped myself in it. I shuffled out to the front where my mother was sitting in the living room.

"What's wrong baby?" My mother opened her arms and I immediately went to her acting like a baby.

"Momma," I whined. "I feel sick."

"Sick how?"

"My head hurts and this stupid birth control is making me have my cycle."

"Awe poor thing," she rubbed my back. "Erica has medicine in her cabinet. Get your sister some pain medicine."

"Baby," she stuck her tongue out at me. I discreetly gave her the finger.

"So why haven't I heard from you child?" She pinched my arm.

"Ow! Dang momma that hurt," I mugged her. "And my phone is broke."

"Why?" Erica came back with the medicine and water. "What's going on baby? You look stressed."

I sighed with my head down. "I haven't been completely honest with you two."

"About what?" Erica narrowed her eyes.

"About...dad. He's been calling me nonstop for weeks. He's been threatening me and even spreading lies to my friends. It's just so overwhelming."

"What?" Erica said shocked. "Even after we cancelled the phone in your name and put it in mines?" I nodded sadly.

"That son of a bitch," mom fumed. "Erica, we need to go ahead and press those charges."

"Charges?"

"Yes. Get a protective order from him. He's harassing you. And now threatening? Don't worry. I won't need much from you aside from the messages."

"And you being willing to go through with this," my mother grabbed my hands. "I know he's your father but he has no right to take your happiness away. We don't know what his motivation is but if he's willing to break through boundaries who knows just how far he'll go."

"We know you want to handle this on your own," Erica looked at me sympathetically. "But your getting overwhelmed. We're here to help Ree. That's what family is for."

I nodded slowly. "I guess I'm still getting used to that. I'm worried also. I have a feeling dad is doing something illegal and I want no parts of whatever it is. He even threatened to bring me back himself."

"Which he won't and can't do," my mother said. "He's kept me from you your entire childhood. The least he can do is let me know my daughter as the woman she is."

"He's a selfish bastard," Erica fumed. "Just give me any and all texts and threats he's sent you. I'm sure there's enough to warrant a protection order. Who knows? He could pay somebody to kidnap you or something if he's desperate enough. Maybe you should go stay with Bryson again until we can actually get the protective order. I'm sure the first places he'll look for you are with me and mom."