Chapter 23

Bryson 

"Aye!" AJ snapped. "Can you hurry the fuck up man? My fucking wife is missing."

"And who's fault is that for?" I snapped back. Dude has been pissing me off being so bitchy because Crystal left.

"Y'all chill out," Meechie said rolling his eyes. "We're all in the same boat. Just relax."

"What boat? Y'all women left. I'm chilling," I shrugged. 

"Shut the hell up Bryson," pops said. I was about to tell him to shut the fuck up too but he gave me a look and I just decided to keep my mouth closed. I too was a bit irritated that they left. Especially since all Mani asks for is to talk to Ree and I can't get her high yellow ass to answer me. I guess apart of me is worried especially since they left no clue as to where they went. 

I bet Crystal ass told them not to use their own bank cards because we can't track them. They hadn't bought a bus, plane, or train ticket nor are any of their cars missing. We have niggas all over the city looking and no sign of them. Makes you wonder how the hell they left with nothing. "Shit is aggravating," I muttered. "Still don't know how the hell we're going to find them."

Meechie sighed and pulled out his phone. "Looks like I have no choice," he muttered. We watched as he pulled out his phone. He was talking to Andre about his sister. Our dumbasses. Why the hell we ain't just called that nigga days ago? Of course his overprotective ass would know where his baby sister is. After a few minutes he finally gave us a location. I called Hector and told him I had to leave for a couple of days and needed him and ma to take Mani for me. After I got off the phone with him my mom called me. A scowl came across my face. I ignored the call and blocked her number. I'm through with that shit. 

"Let's fucking go," I snapped standing up.

"You better chill the fuck out," AJ mugged me. I was about to swing on his ass but pops and Meechie got in between us. 

"Both of y'all chill the hell out," Meechie said. "Y'all always act like this. Learn to lean on each other in stressful situations not go to war. Y'all get on my damn nerves. This why everybody think I'm the oldest. Childish asses."

"He's right," pops said looking dead at me cause he knows I'm the one that'll say some shit back. "You two damn hot heads need to take a breather."

"Whatever," I shrugged him off. AJ just looked at me before we all left. I didn't have much to do but think about Ree and what she said. The last conversation didn't make any sense to me. She said something about her business. I went on my phone and looked through social media. I honestly don't be on this shit often so it took me a minute to find Ree's page.

I went scrolling through her pictures just to see the kind of things she posts. It's a lot of her in what I'm guessing is the clothes she makes. I found a link to her business page and had more access to her style. I was impressed with the things she had and done. She really did do good work. I went to the comments and shit was weird. There were a bunch of people bashing her work and mentioning my name a few times. I was confused as hell. I don't use social media on the regular so I was confused as to how I got roped into some social media shit. She thinks I had something to do with this?

We got to the plane and I was pissed. This is some childish ass shit. Why the fuck would I do this? She really thinks I'm that fucking goofy to do some dumb shit like this? What the fuck for? I'm mostly pissed she thinks so low of me. I have no reason to get a bunch of hoes to harrass her AND use my name while doing it! That's dumb as fuck. Damn dumb ass girl get me fuckin tight. This plane needs to hurry the fuck up and land!

Rhianna 

These ast few days have been great. Turning off our phones and just getting away for a little while really helped. It really felt like an escape. And everyone got along so well. "Do you really think I overreated?" Crystal was asking the girls. This was the last night that Essence's in laws would be here so we'd thought it would be nice to sit on the beach and have girl talk. "It's just not like him to keep things from me."

"Just a bit boo," April said. "I've been through those. Most of the time it's just our insecurities screaming at us. We make things up that could only make sense to us. The only way you'll know for sure is ask him."

"Communication really is key in a healthy relationship," Kayla said. "Even to this day Andre and I will butt heads because of miscommunication. Being married doesn't make it any easier."

"So does that mean I overreacted too?" Essence asked. 

"You definitely," Tia said. "But it's ironic. A lawyer dating the plug? So cliche."

"Whatever."

"I sure wish I had a group of you ladies around me growing up," Jess said with a sad smile. "Maybe things would've been...different."

"How mama?" Tia asked. They've grown to love Miss Jess like their own mother during this trip. 

She sighed and had a forlorn look on her face. "I don't know. Maybe just different. Not so dark and lonely. Maybe if I had a group of women who truly cared for me I would've been a stronger person." It was quiet between everybody. "When I met Adrian I was already married. My husband wasn't the nicest man. He had...problems. His solution was using and abusing me. The only reason I applied for the job is because he was also a gambler. I had to pay his debts since he couldn't keep a job. Adrian was flirtatious but never really pursued me. Even though it was a decent job that kept his useless ass alive he bitched and moaned about me being so close to a rich man," she chuckled bitterly and shook her head like she was trying to shake the memories away. "One night Adrian was late coming home. I started off just coming in the morning and he'd relieve me at night. This particular day he was late showing up. When he did he was drunk and much more flirtatious. He was a lot to handle and even though he tried seducing me I managed to leave without further confrontation. My husband was in a drunken rage when I got home. Hurt me real good before stealing every penny I had and running. Sometime later Adrian stopped by and got me sent to the hospital. Ever since then...I've been there."

"Is that why you stay?" I asked curiously. I honestly don't think I can spend decades wanting someone and thme never changing. I wonder if that was a good enough reason for Jess to stay with him despite his hoe ways.

"I stayed because he gave me something to live for," she said sadly. "That night I miscarried and was unable to have kids on my own. Sometime later Meechie came and I moved in to take care of him."

"Ma, it's time you start living for yourself," April said. "Or you'll leave this world with nothing but regrets. All of you need to take the time to talk to your men."

"Who's y'all?" I raised my brow. "I ain't tied to nobody."

"But you still need to talk to Bryson," Crystal said. "He isn't the type to sabotage your business for no reason."

"I don't have a damn thing to say to him." Bryson can catch the midnight train to hell for all I care. The alarm on our phones went off letting us know girl talk is over. The in laws will be boarding the plane soon and flying out. 

After the talk it seemed most of everyone was ready to to talk to their significant others. Me not so much. At this point, I'm pretty sure Bryson had nothing to do with these hoes messing with my business. He's not that petty. I don't think anyways. But he is the reason why this is happening and that's more than a valid enough reason to not want to be around him. This just shows why I shouldn't have even liked him in the first place. He's nothing but drama, even if he doesn't mean to be. 

I groaned as I got to my hotel room. My stomach has been feeling a bit unsettled these past few days. I thought it was a mixture of stress and jet lag but maybe it's actually a bug. I was feeling down and out not too long ago. Whatever it is I hope it goes away.  I spent a few hours resting in my hotel room thinking about all of my problems. I'm losing business because of these catfishing lying ass hoes and for whatever reason my father and cheating exe is hell bent on ruining my life further. What the hell did I do to deserve all this bull shit? Can I blame this on Bryson too? I'm starting to think he's bad luck. 

Thank you everyone for being so patient with this update. I'm still working on the next updates but hope to have them to you soon. Hope you enjoy and thanks again for being so patient.