Chapter 15

Rhianna

"Ree," Mani whined. "I wanna go outside and play."

"I know baby but you know what your brother said. We have to stay in the house." I know how Mani is feeling because I feel it too. We've been cooped up in the house for days because Bryson is worried about her father being back. From what he told me he has good reason to. I know he's trying to watch out for us but this is a bit much.

"But I'm so bored," she whined.

"I know baby. It won't be much longer." She poked her bottom lip out and gave me the saddest look she can pull off. I have her a bored expression. "Now you know that doesn't work on me." She huffed and stomped her feet as she left out the kitchen, passing Bryson in the process.

"What's up with her?" He asked while going to the fridge.

"She wants to go outside. And she's not the only one. Come on Bryson, we're tired of being stuck inside."

"It's for your safety."

"I get that but we're going crazy in here. You won't know that since you're free to come and go as you please," I mugged him.

"It's not like I'm going out to have fun. We're still looking for him."

"That's not the point," I sighed. "We know it's because you're trying to protect us but we're losing our minds here Bryson. Seriously, I didn't think you'd LITERALLY put us on house arrest. I can't stay cooped up here. I need to go home and get back to work. I'm falling behind and losing clients."

"What clients?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"I design clothes."

"Oh for real? I didn't know that. I understand your hustle but right now ain't the best. This man is sick and I don't need him popping up on you for no shit. Whatever money you need just ask me."

"That's not the point Bryson," I glared at him. "This is what I love to do and my craft. If I fall off this early then no one will want to use me in the future. I've relied on people my entire life and I'm trying to become independent."

"I'm trying to keep you safe. Just wait and-"

"Whatever Bryson." I walked away before I got the itching to box him clean in his shit. My business may not be booming right now and maybe I'm not rolling in money but it's something I WANT to do. Something I have for myself. I've worked so hard for the clients I have now. And this lockdown or whatever he has us on is jeopardizing everything I've worked for.

Am I rolling in money? No. But it's something I've grown to love. Something I can't just put on the back burner. But he doesn't understand or even want to understand. My life came to a complete stop because of him and he doesn't have a shred of guilt or regret. I paced the room that became mine. I was pissed. I couldn't even see straight.

"This is supposed to be drama free fun," I sighed before falling back on the bed. "Why am I here?" An image of Bryson popped in my head and I felt my face heat up. "It's not like that." It's not, right?

Bryson

I sighed in frustration as another attempt to get Ree out of the room failed. She locked herself inside for hours. Even though I could break this bitch down I'm trying to respect her privacy since she basically had to uproot her life. I get she's frustrated but if her monkey ass would listen she's realize just how bad things got.

Word on the street is she's got a bounty on her head. Like I thought, this nigga still wants to play games. He's trying to catch her when she's alone and slave her out. I'm not letting that shit happen. It's my fault she's even on his radar. Tee knows he can't touch me himself. So he's always looking for ways to catch me off guard. He has little reserves when it comes to Mani. He knows no matter what he still has some control over my mom which is why I'm adamant about keeping him away from her.