Prologue

I am Rosaline Black. Rose, for short.

Proudly inherited my last name from my somewhat distant father, who has chosen to live in the muggle world and give up magic, Regulus Black. 

My mother, the french fashion designer, Amelie LeBlanc, was from a Russian magical family that had since faded on the run. Her family was in the sacred 28, making her fully pure-blooded and powerful, but were gone from current news headlines and wizarding worlds, in Europe at least.

Through my ancestry, my original thoughts were being part of 2/28 sacred families, I'm related to everyone. But no. 

My father Regulus' side of our family seems tied with other purebloods such as the British Malfoys, French Gaunts, or even the Scottish Lestranges. 

But that's all the people on the outside know. Being a Black brings the unknowing of failure. Marriage failure, mostly. Half of our family members aren't even blood-related. In fact, the Lestranges are adopted purebloods from all over the world. So I'll say it now, and I'll say it again:

My only blood relative is Sirius Black. Not the Lestranges, or the Malfoys, or the Riddles. Just the Blacks. 

Now, not only blood defines family. 

Take a look at mine for example. 

The people I hold dearest to my heart, include: 

Blaise Zabini, 5'10, at least half-blooded Slytherin

Pansy Parkinson, 5'4, pureblood Slytherin

Tom Riddle: 6'1, pureblood Slytherin

Mattheo Riddle: 6'0, pureblood Slytherin

These people I consider my family, growing up with them, most of us unseparated since the first time we met, which varied between our first and second years of life. 

Now, one thing you must understand to comprehend my story is that Slytherin children are held to higher standards. Growing up in the world of purebloods, to be friends with a muggle-born witch is simply unacceptable. To be put into a house other than Slytherin is unacceptable. To be failing your classes, and to be associating with those not approved of by their blood status is simply unacceptable. 

I can see why my father wanted out of this world. 

In our social class even more, with yearly balls and meetings with some of the most powerful wizards, one might ever be lucky enough to meet. 

Lord Voldemort, Tom and Mattheo's father, knows each of us personally. Our parents are sworn to him, as I imagine we will be someday. Then married another pureblood and off to work in the ministry as a cover. 

Or at least that's how our parents envision our lives for us. 

Don't get me wrong, we are all lucky children. Huge empty manors, house elves, whatever our hearts desire that money can buy, we have it all from the outside. But let me tell you, it's not half as easy as it seems.

Welcome to the story of myself, Rose Black, and my dearest friends. On how we navigated these blood supremacies, made ourselves who we are, and our childhood adventures. On how we learned how to love, for more than children blood status and money. On how we lost, cried, laughed and celebrated all the experiences life had brought to us. 

Welcome to Bad Love, a Riddle love triangle.