The Lakehouse

September 28th. Already. The beginning of classes was a slow start, a slow but difficult start. I still don't know how many years I can watch Neville explode a water goblet instead of a bird- but we love him for it. 

Potions is usually one of our core subjects. However, with the absence of professor snape, they decided after christmas holidays we will have the subject, twice as often as usual to make up for lost time. 

"Blaise, I don't know how many times I can say she misses you" Pansy says rolling her eyes. 

"I still don't get it! Why would Athena and Spencer just leave!" Blaise says, mad. He missed her. We all did. And Spencer of course. 

"Because, like we've told you 50 000 times, they had to finish school at Beauxbatons to graduate" I say, again. 

"She lettered you but not me?!" Blaise asks again. Pansy and I look back and forth at each other, and eventually I just throw a fry off Blaise's head. It was lunch, Wednesday. Apparently we all had to be here. All year 7 students. The years below us began to wash out of the great hall and McGonagal made her way to the podium. 

"Attention students! This year, Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry has decided to show our appreciation to our seventh year students. This year may be stressful at times, and we want to remind you that at the end of it awaits a beautiful future we hope you are well prepared for. To commemorate the end of this month, the end of first beginnings, we want to give you a new experience. One more, memorable. This year, all seventh years will be attending four lakehosues located on the Lake of Mentieth. Each house will have a seperate small cottage, and there will be a communal use of the lake, water sports, a well and bonfires. This activity is taking place from Friday to Sunday and we want to remind you all to relax and enjoy yourselves. The best is expected from you. We are also here to thank large donors such as the Malfoy, Parkinson and Nott families for their large contributions to the costs of this event. Thank you for your time, and on Friday evening, be packed by dinner. Your things will be taken care of from your dorms by elves. Thank you, have a nice day" Mcgonagal says. 

Whispers and gasps surround the hall as we all take in what we just heard. 

"A weekend at a lakehouse?!" Blaise says excited, Pansy and I grateful the previous conversation had passed. 

"Did anyone know about this??" i ask. Draco nods and a grin takes over his face. "My mum donated like 4 boats or something" He says. 

"rich people shit" Blaise says laughing. 

"affulenza" Pansy says smiling as well. 

"this is gonna be amazing" Mattheo says and wraps his arm around my waist. I smile and lean on his shoulder. "yea" I say softly. 

-

Friday, lunchtime

"Just a reminder to the seventh year students to have their bags packed and placed in a pile in their common room. Thank you and pack appropriatly" McGonagal announces. Chewing on a croissant, Blaise stands up. 

"Thats it this needs to be settled." He says. He walks over to draco, exchanges a word, then nods and walks back. "draco has agreed to collect his opinion, then come over and state his positiong on the very important matter." Blaise states matter of factly. 

Pansy and I exchange the look while Mattheo says "Good! One more person to prove i'm right" 

"Ok i have an answer, and its suitable for both of you. Blaise has faster speed on his broom, however Mattheo has better cordination and skill with the ball" Draco says letting out a sigh.