The Falling Out

The sound of rain filled my mind as I sat on the astronomy tower, doing homework with a dry spell on the books to keep them from damage. It felt good to write again, to do work. It was Friday afternoon, just after three. Classes had been let out early due to the brewing storm, and yet I found myself here getting work done. 

I smiled to myself as I watched the older Riddle brother come sit beside me. Yet his expression didn't match mine. 

"Rose, I need to tell you something" He says, somewhat seriously. 

I turn to look at him, somewhat worried. 

"He knows" Tom says, and those two words seem to make my heart stop. 

"At first I caught him, leaning against Astoria. He turned to me and smiled sickly, pain in his eyes. He said he knew, that I broke the strongest type of trust. He was mad. And he kissed her Rose, he actually kissed her. He cheated on you. But Rose, I know he didn't mean anything in the kiss, hes just doing it to make you-"

Tears run down my face before he can finish the sentence, as he pulls me close to his side and wipes the tears from the side of my face. 

"it'll be ok" He whispers into my ear. We stay like that for while, me in his arms, just trying to think about Mattheo. Think about him. I love him. I need him. 

I hear loud footsteps coming up the steps and I see Tom flinch beside me as I watch Mattheo run to the edge of the tower. 

"Fuck" He yells looking down on everything. His nose and knuckles are bleeding, as he slams his hands down aggressively on the balcony railing. He didn't see the two of us, crouched in the corner, meters away from him. 

I almost cry out, the feeling of shock running through me as he hits the balcony again. I was scared for him.

Tom stands up beside me, moving to make himself visible. 

"You son of a bitch" Mattheo says as soon as he spots tom. 

"She was mine" Mattheo says calmly, so sweetly bitter. "All mine" He yells as he throws a punch at Tom's face. Tom grabs his wrist and tries to calm him down. 

"She loves you" Tom says calmly. "That didn't seem to mean much" Mattheo snarls. "Fuck" He says again, slightly quieter and sits down, hit head hitting the stone. 

"I don't want to see you right now" Mattheo says to Tom. 

"Don't punish her for it. Never disobey her like that again. Ever." Tom snarls, his calm approach gone, and leaves down the stairs. 

I stand up and move to leave, but Mattheo sees me. 

"You, are the last person I want to see right now" Mattheo says viciously. 

"I could say the same" I say sarcastically. The silence hangs between us until I sigh and finally decide to say something. 

"Its getting late, can the two of us just go and talk-" 

"there is no us" He says, deadly quiet. 

"Why are you being such a pain in the ass? You kissed Astoria, remember? I know what happened with Tom was screwed up but-" "You just couldn't have me. You needed to toy with both of us. I hope you have a new happy life, with my fucking brother. You really wanted to keep it in the family. Have fun being my brother's whore" He says, with anger and venom that runs a shiver down my spine. 

"Fuck you" I say angrily and stand up to leave. 

"I'd say fuck you but tom clearly already did" Mattheo yells and leaves.