The Riddle Manor

Mattheo raised his arm and pulled the knocker 3 times. A house elf immediately rushed to the door and bowed, allowing all of us inside. More servants rushed out behind us to get our things. Bellatrix Lestrange made her way down the stairs, a cold icy smile playing on her lips. 

"Oh, how nice it is to have you all back," She says clamping a cold hand onto Draco's shoulder. 

"The pleasure's ours, Ms. Lestrange," Theo says politely. "Oh please Theodore, call me Bella. You've known me for far too long for such informalities," Bellatrix says, examining each of us. She straightens our posture, tilts our chins up, and smiles when she's done. Her haughty smile. 

"Ah, Roseline. Our little heartbreaker" Bellatrix says, squeezing my shoulder when she gets to me last. Mattheo wraps his arm around my waist, and my expression remains still.  

"Well, enjoy yourselves. I have a business matter to attend to." Bellatrix says. 

The mansion had always been like this. Big and beautiful, full of material objects. All of us were used to the cold welcome. 

"Shall we look at the rooms this year and change?" Blaise suggests and we all nod. 

Heading upstairs, I know mine's on the end of the second-floor hallway. 

Twisting the knob into my room, familiar sights lay out before me. The small photographs on the side of my wall, each taped so carelessly carefully. There was a bed, big pillows, and a tray of chocolates on my bedside. Beside the door, there was another leading to my bathroom. A tv and desk, a closet and window seat, spacious but comfortable. 

I lie back on my bed, not bothering to unpack my things yet. 

I start to take out hair pins and slowly remove jewelry. I eventually change out of my dress into a pair of sweatpants with an oversized tee shirt that I don't think belonged to me, but I found in my drawer. 

I hear a knock on my door, then Pansy's voice says "Rose, we're going down to the pool deck." 

"Coming," I call out as I stand up and go to my door. 

I open the door to the somewhat chilly hallway and run down, my socks slipping on the dark granite floor. 

I exit the back doors to the dimly lit pool deck, little lanterns surrounding it. 

Blaise is lying in the middle of the pool in a flamingo, dress shirt, and boxers substituting as a bathing suit. 

"Rosie, come join me!" He yells as I laugh and shake my head. 

"Still wearing my shirts I see," I hear a cold voice say behind me as Tom slips into view beside me.

"Save it will you," I say, now mildly aware it was his shirt. 

"Want it back?" I ask. He comes close to me and whispers directly in my ear, "Not at all."

I try to ignore the chills that run through me as I turn away from him and sit down, pulling my knees to my chest.

"What am I missing?" Mattheo says dryly, sitting on the end of my chair and lying back on my lap. 

"Just a little chat," Tom says with a smirk.

I hear a splash and watch as Daphne jumps into the pool. Tom turns to look at me and mouths "Splash". I bite my cheek to keep from laughing and nodding.  

"I knew you remembered," He says raising an eyebrow. The two of us invented a childish game many years ago, and it seemed neither of us wanted to let it go. 

I scoff and shake my head, looking at Mattheo instead. His jaw remained hard as he concentrated on the ground. 

"Mattheo," I say, trying to get him to relax.