Together for Never

-

"The only thing needed to transform a feather. Ms Black?"

"huh?" I ask snapping out of a daze, trying to focus on McGonagall's lesson. "The only thing needed to transform a feather" She repeats.

"Erm- a wand?" I say, more of a question then answer.

"Incorrect. Rose, would you mind seeing me after class?"

"Not at all Professor" I say, tight lipped.

Just then, the door to our classroom is swung open and Reeve calmly walks through.

"Late, again. Mr. Williams, I do have to admit you are smart, but that brain is no good use if you don't come to class" McGonagal says.

I start to cough, smoke filling my lungs. I turn around and see a small fire calmly on Mattheo's wand, him waving it from side to side, concentrated, and not caring.

"Mr. Riddle!" McGonagall yells.

"hm?" He says calmly looking up.

"the fire, put it out!" I yell.

"My apologies princess" He says malicously smiling at me and growing the fire.

"Enough Mr. Riddle! Tonight!" Professor says. Mattheo rolls his eyes and puts the fire out, not acknowledging anything else or anyone.

-

Reeve, Mattheo and I all stood outside of the classroom, an uncomfortable silence falling between us waiting for Professor to open it. We were all here for different reasons, and the tension between us was undeniable.

"Come in" McGonagall says from inside.

Reeve pushes the door open and the three of us file in.

"As I'm sure you're all aware, the three of you have been participating the bare minimum in my class. Reeve, you manage to keep your grades high while Mr. Riddle and Ms. Black just simply seem not to care. So for the three of you, a little act to keep you all in line, Reeve will be tutoring Rose and Mattheo" McGonagall says.

Sighs and curses fill the air as the three of us murmur to ourselves how bad of an idea this is.

"You will use my classroom, back here tomorrow night at, lets say, 7. That's all" Professor says, waving her hand and dismissing us. The three of us walk out of the class, each annoyed with the turn out of the day.

Scoffing to myself, Reeve puts a hand on my shoulder, spinning me around.

"Looks like your stuck with me Ms. Black"

I see Mattheo's watching eye, watching the interaction between the two of us.

"Pin me against the wall and kiss me" I say suddenly.

"What the fuck?"

"Just do it"

Reeve raises his eyebrows, then glances at Mattheo, then pushes me onto the wall.

"You better pay me back for this" He whispers under his breath as he connects my lips in his.

We remain like that for just a second, before he pulls away with a wide smirk, still staying near with his hand beside my head.

"Well princess, looks like your plan worked" Reeve says nodding his head towards the empty space where Mattheo once was.

"He hates you" I say.

"That's why it was perfect" He says with a wink, then walks down the hall.

"Later princess" He calls out behind him.