Seventh Year Party

The train to Hogwarts was quiet. That with our friend group meant something was definetly off. The entire aura of the train, to be honest, was shifted quiet. Everything knew something was wrong. 

Voldemort was gone, but something no one imagined was that his supporters stay loyal to his mission. After all, he might be gone but they weren't. They believed in blood supremacies, in murder.

Why were the children of these legacy families, these loyal death eaters, crumbling into sadness at the peak of their new power, without a leader. Why were we sitting silently, when our side was rising up again?

Our. What a pathetic excuse for a word. It takes people and unifies them without permission. Ties us to our parents, our families, their beliefs, everything and makes us seem exactly the same. But what they don't know is how awful it is. To have the burden of being a legacy child. To have no acceptance from 'our' side because we don't outright murder people, but no support from the other side because we're forced to attend meetings and watch murders. 

'Hogwarts helps everyone who deserves it.'

Bullshit. 

When you live in a big house and wear emerald robes, nothing seems to go your way. Your family, your grades and teachers, your career, future even. All you have is your friends. Friendship is all we have left. We're together in this heartless game, alone but together. 

These thought course through my mind every second. Are we alone, or lucky? 

-

The train was silent, as I stated before. An uncomfortable silence, the type where everyone avoided each others gaze. The only comfort was Mattheo circling his thumb over mine. 

Looking around I see the people I care about most. Mattheo Riddle, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Draco Malfoy. We were here, back this year. Our final year. Hell even the weather outside looked grey.

"I hear there's a party tonight" Blaise says, making the first noise of the entire train ride. 

Draco nods and catches an icy glare from Pansy. The two have been, distant, ever since the day of Snape's death. 

"where is it?" I ask trying to make conversation. "Room of Requirement" Blaise answers. 

My eyes widen. 

"The seventh year party?!" I ask getting excited all of the sudden. "i dunno, i heard potter and weaselbee talking about it-" Blaise starts but i cut him off. 

"Every year, seventh years throw a huge party, in the room of requirement. Its amazing! I cant wait to go" I say. "is it tonight blaise?" Mattheo asks. "yeah, believe so" Blaise says. 

The energy of our compartment seems to have been lifted, the fog outside our window clearing up. Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad. It certainly didn't seem that way now. 

"What's the dress code like?" Draco asks and we all smirk. "im not sure mate, but now im excited" Blaise says lightening up. 

We chatter about the party the rest of the train ride, the last train ride to Hogwarts as students. Odd. 

When we reached the castle, it looked bigger. Sure, a little emptier, but still grander each year. It never fails to impress me. 

We floated across the lake, one last time. Laughed at Peeves, one last time. Watched the world go bye before our eyes, one last time. Well, it wasn't the end of the school year yet. No need to get all sad. 

We settled down in the great hall, and watched tons of nervous first years get sorted into their houses, betting of course. All the houses were welcoming but with my seventh year friend group leading our house, of course the cheers for new slytherins were so loud even I was scared at times.