Chapter 4

Peter

As soon as the sun rose, the immobilising spell wore off. The tug in my chest threw me towards the door. Still fully dressed from last night, I quickly grabbed the cloth before my body threw itself out the door.

"Boys, we have to go!" I shouted, hardly able to stop myself from running into the forest.

"Hurry up!" I shouted angrily.

I couldn't hold it for much longer. Once most of the Lost Boys were assembled, I strode off in the direction that this strange instinct was telling me to go. I was sure that it would lead me towards the boy. We walked west, closing in on the area where the seekers were attacked. The forest was thick here. The trees monstrous in height. High enough to hide a Never-bird. The pull in my chest stopped suddenly. Releasing my body, allowing me once again to be the master of my movements. I stumbled a single step before turning back to the lost boys.

"Scour this area from soil to tree-tops. He's around here somewhere I know it. When you find something, bring it to me at camp. If you find the boy, put him straight in a cage and string him up. Until then...do not return."

"Yes, Pan!" The boys shouted.

Spreading out over the area. I quickly ventured home, my head spinning from the strange instinct which had led me to this area of the forest. I paced around camp, deciding on the plan.

When the boy was found, he'd be put in the cage for questioning. I needed to figure out who he was, where he came from, where the weapons were from and where he learned to fight. He'd spend a few days in the cage until we found him some permanent accommodation. If he was dangerous, I'd keep him in the cage longer until I could turn him to my side. They always saw things my way, I made sure of it. This boy was causing me severe headaches no matter what payoff he bought. I picked up a discarded shield and threw it, the clanging sound reverberating throughout the camp. I am Pan, and I would not be made a fool of my some nobody.

"Perhaps a taste of revenge will be in order." I laughed to myself.

Imagining the punishment, I could bring down on this boy. Yes, discipline would be vital.

The boys did not return that night. Presumably, they slept on the forest floor, unwilling to let their prey escape. Just as I told them. I sat in my armchair in my cabin, my concentration split between reading and watching the sun sent through the glass doors. Before I knew it, I had nodded off.

###

I awoke to the sound of excited shouts and laughter from outside. The boys ran through the camp, the sun had long since risen. It would have been a few hours before noon. They found him. I slipped a shirt on, fastening my weapons belt around my waist. Placing three daggers into the loops and my sword in my sheath Felix burst through the door. He said nothing, a look of confusion plaguing his face. Strange. He simply nodded, and I pushed past him striding into the clearing with the cage. Before I could even properly reach the boys, I could see that our newest member had a bag over his head; I called out,

"Remove the bag and step away boys, I want to see his face!" I chuckled, eager to see our latest catch.

Daniel moved in front of the boy removing the bag. I couldn't see inside the cage.

"Move aside, Daniel, now boy, what do you have to say for your-" I stopped myself mid-sentence as I locked eyes with a set of ocean blue ones, the eyes were wild with confusion and fury shining brightly in the morning light.

It took me a few moments to regain my composure,
"Leave us!" I shouted.

The boys hesitated. "Have you all gone deaf? Leave us!" They scattered, and I was left alone.