Chapter 36

Ellie

Never breaking our kiss, I moved up to sit on his lap. His strong arms wrapped around my waist as I held either side of his face. I slid my hands down his neck to his collar holding the fabric tightly my fingers brushing against his chest. He pulled back slowly, our noses touching,

"Are you sure you want this?" My thoughts weren't of Daniel.

I had cast him from my mind. All I could think of when I felt Peter's touch was how right this was. How I saw him and not Daniel. I would never think of Daniel again.

"I want you." His restraint seemed to snap as he crushed his lips against mine.

I deftly began undoing his buttons as he moved his mouth to my neck. He found the spot that drove me wild, dragging his teeth across my skin. I groaned, my fingers stumbling. I felt a chuckle reverberate through his chest on to neck.

He moved his mouth back to mine as I pulled his shirt off. He pulled mine over my head, pushing my hair off my face afterwards. He held my thighs tight, scooping me up. We walked over to the bed moving through the flowy cream curtains.

###

The afternoon together was glorious. Reading on the couch, swimming and just being together.

Night had fallen and the soft bed cradled us, the covers still a strewn mess from earlier...activities. Peter held me close while I gently ran my fingers through his hair. Slowly, peacefully.

It was then I remembered,

"Peter, the curse."

He looked startled. "Can I see it I mean."

I felt him relax, he sat up slowly and the familiar green smoke of magic surrounded his hand. He held out a book to me. Creamy white pages with rough edges, pressed between two pieces of polished wood.

"Wendy wrote this." I gasped sitting up.

"How did you know."

"Her story book of you. It's just like it." Peter grinned. "Don't let it go to your head now will you."

I opened the handmade book and flicked through the pages, each filled with short stories, descriptions, drawings. She had drawn a number of the boys and so many pictures of Peter. I kept moving and suddenly the pages were blank, the book unfinished.

I backtracked to the last written page. The curse. "Tell me what the curse says again." I instructed.

"The love of a life, a soul mate through time. Delicate and fair she is grace and beauty. She is Pan's weakness. She is his undoing." Peter recited from memory, I could tell it had plagued him for a long time.

I laid my hand on the page and it lit up in golden light, magic recognising magic. I carefully read through it deciphering the mix of Latin, Greek and Gaelic. The languages Wendy studied. The languages she had me study. I could see the mistranslations start to pop up.

"The love of a life, a soul mate through time. Delicate but strong she is grace and light. She could be Pan's weakness. She could be his undoing." Suddenly shining letters began to appear, in English. "You are she, so decide who to be. His end or his beginning. Put him out of his misery for me. I do hate to see him like this."

I saw Wendy's smile in the back of my mind, the smile so clearly developed in Neverland.

"This curse doesn't have to be a curse. It only was until the right person came along and you embraced the fact that you needed them." I beamed.

"Until I embraced the fact, I needed you." Peter whispered.

I tossed the book aside and wrapped my arms around him, pulling us both down I kissed him deeply. We had chosen our story.

He whispered about how beautiful I was, about how much he loved me. He trailed kisses up and down my neck, but his talking became less frequent. I listened as his breathing became more even. As he gently fell asleep. I loved him. He loved me and everything was perfect. I closed my eyes and saw a glimpse of what was to come.

Waking up next to him every day. Spending our endless time together. Training, talking, debating, reading and everything else that would come with what we had. Then I heard something strange just as sleep tugged at my senses. A girl's voice...and I knew who was speaking.