Chapter 25

Elaine

I woke up again when I heard Pan moving around the living room. I remembered everything about last night except for the dream itself, a common thing about dreams is how easily you forget them. I was still wearing Pan's shirt, my nose filled with his scent. I needed this game of ours to end, and soon. I threw back the covers and walked out of Pan's room.

"Finally, up sleepy head." Pan chuckled.

"You were the one that told me to sleep in."

"Not wrong." He commented.

I went into my room to change. I carefully tucked Peter's shirt into the back of a drawer, hoping he wouldn't notice it was missing. I chose to wear denim pants which were looser through the leg and fitted at the waist. The top I chose had thin straps and the square neckline sat low on my bust. A fraction of my mid drift was visible. I was going to win, I had to. Pan looked me up and down when I emerged.

"We are feeling competitive aren't we." He smirked.

"Don't let me catch you drooling." I mused.

"I figured we could train today." Pan suggested.

Excellent.

Pan and I walked out to the field moving around the stations, each showing each other our best. Finally, we reached the hand-to-hand combat zone. Pan challenged me and I hoped that somehow, I could get him to lose. We parried in kicks, punches, ducks, rolls, side steps, diversions, fakes, and perfectly synced movements but the fight ended with both of us on the ground. I straddled Pan's legs at one point attempting to pin him, but he got the upper hand. Flipping me, he pinned my arms leaning down close to my face.

"Yield?"

"The fight? Yes. The game? No." I panted.

Our ragged breaths syncing with each other. Pan chuckled rolling off me.

"Lunch?"

###

The next few days passed by uneventfully, but I was having more fun than I ever had in Neverland. Peter took me back down to the beach again, we went training together and took trips through the forest lasting hours. All the while trying to get the other to concede. I wore my tightest shirts during the day and at night I wore the most risqué outfits I'd ever worn in my life. Peter spent an awful lot of time walking around the Cabin shirtless. He would watch me in that way which excites me, feeling his eyes glued to only me.

I hadn't been to see Daniel since the night of our argument and it wasn't until the day of the full moon that Peter said anything serious to me,

"I have to leave tomorrow morning."

"What? Not on another business trip."

"Yes, another business trips." He sighed.

"Peter, do you have to? What about...our game?" I had almost said what about me.

"It's a full moon tonight, anything could happen." He smirked, "And besides, separation makes the heart grow fonder."

I groaned falling back onto the bed. I had taken to sleeping in his bed again since the nightmare. He chuckled and walked over to me, leaning down his hands braced on either side of my body.

"You know you could just give in now."

"No, I won't make it that easy." I stared into his bright green eyes.

I felt his soft breath against my skin and every instinct in me was telling me to give in. But I couldn't. Pan stood again and extended a hand to me.

"So, will this full moon be like that last?"