Chapter 27

Elaine

The pirates aboard the ship rushed into action, untying sails, strapping down loose cargo, and pulling up the anchor.

"Not that I doubt you or anything, but how are we getting this ship back to London."

"Pixie dust of course. Tink gave me almost all her stock. We've been waiting for you to arrive." I nodded quickly still pressed against the side of the ship.

"Common lads, lets fly!" Hook shouted.

The ship lurched and suddenly I felt a feeling almost like weightlessness. I was aboard a flying pirate ship.

We were almost at the star which would take us home when an intense and shattering pain shot through my head. I screamed causing all the pirates to fall silent, grabbing either side of my head. I saw Hook slide on his knees along the deck to kneel in front of me, trying to figure out what was wrong, reaching out to me. Until the darkness swept in.

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear until a voice consumed the entirety of my mind.

Make them turn around Ellie. The voice growled.

"No, I won't!"

Do it Ellie, don't make me do something I'll regret.

"Get out of my head!" The voice disappeared and I realised we were on the London side.

The early morning sun casting a soft light on the city. I feel to the side, Hook caught my head before it hit the deck.

"Are you alright love? What just happened?"

"It was Pan, he was in my head. Am I back?"

"Yes, your almost home. We've got a cloaking spell on so we can leave you at your house lass, tell us which way to go." I stood up shakily and took in my surroundings.

I pointed in the direction of Richmond and the ship sailed onward through the London skies.

Hook wasn't what I'd expected. For one I thought he'd be older, more menacing, but he couldn't have been more than thirty. His clothes were well made if not a little worn and his namesake hook glinted in the rising sun.

Hook caught be watching him and grinned,

"It's mostly for show lass, though I do keep it sharp enough to gut a man."

"Not long ago I would have been appalled by that statement." I laughed grimly.

"Neverland can have that affect."

"Will I ever be the same, you know, go back to who I was before."

"I can't say lass, once you've been, Neverland stays in your blood. You make escape it, but you never leave it."

I sucked in a shuddering breath, leaning over, and bracing my arms of the railing of the ship.

"Will he come for me?"

"With that new lass he's got with him?" Hook pondered, "Maybe, maybe not. Best keep your windows locked for a while."

A shiver snaked down my spine as though I were being watched and a faint voice drifted through my head. The voice grew louder and I was beginning to panic when I saw the sight that made my heart leap. We had reached the house.

I held the rope firmly which would lower me down to my windowsill,

"Where will you go?" I asked Hook softly.

"Not back to Neverland, that's for damn sure." Hook laughed "I've got someone waiting for me."

"Thank you." I said motioning for them to lower me down.