Chapter 20

Elaine

His smirk had driven me crazy. He was eating so slowly, almost challenging me to stay put. His little pet. Knowing all the lost boys' eyes were on me as I left made me feel...I didn't even know how to feel. I wanted to prove to Pan that I could be defiant and adventurous but as I left all I wanted was to feel his body next to mine. His presence at my side. I was so confused on how I felt about Pan so I decided to clear my head for a moment.

I went back to Daniels tent to see him reading, his head propped up on a pillow. I smiled,

"Are we feeling better?" He looked up from the book and grinned, before grimacing from the pain of stretching the stitches in his cheek.

"Well at least I'm not an unconscious, bloodied mess."

"Yes at least that's over." I laughed softly. "I just wanted to come and say goodnight." I whispered walking over to the bed.

"Thanks, I'll never forget what you did for me today." He smiled, holding my hand as I knelt beside his bed.

"And I'll never forget what Pan did to you today." Daniel turned onto his side to look at me,

"If it gets too much, if he hurts you before I'm better, you must leave with Hook."

"If he ever does then I'll stay with you, here."

"Not if I can't protect you, being here will still give him the opportunity. Give him the advantage. He could just take you back or put you in the cage again. He could kill you Ellie if he wanted to."

"He won't kill me, Daniel."

"How do you know that?"

"I know he won't. I just know...its complicated but trust me. Pan wouldn't kill me."

"Okay, once I'm healed, which doesn't take long in Neverland as you can see, I'll be able to protect you. If he tries to hurt you, I'll be there. And when you make your choice, even if it's not me there will always be a place for you to stay here."

"Thank you, D, I will only leave the Island if Pan hurts me and there is no way we can coexist on the same Island. Yes?"

"Deal. Goodnight Ellie." Daniel smiled.

I leant over and kissed him lightly, murmuring a goodnight onto his lips. I released his hand and left the tent headed back to Pan's cabin. The kiss with Daniel felt different to all the rest. It felt...wrong. It felt like I was kissing him for him not for me.

I reached the cabin and Pan still hadn't returned. Most likely still talking with Felix. I when into my room to get changed. I threw off my dinner clothes putting them away and opened up my drawer that held my nightclothes. Something startled me, however. All of the clothes had been replaced with ensembles similar to the nightgown Pan had me wear the other night.

Fine, I thought to myself, if Pan wants me to dress up, I'll give him a show.

I picked out a matching set of lacy dark blue underclothes and a very sheer nightgown. Nothing was left to the imagination. The 'dress' could be worn on or off the shoulder and the thin fabric fell basically straight down, ending halfway down my thigh. I pulled my hair out of its bun and re-did it half up, half down with a dark blue hair pin. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't help but feel beautiful. I couldn't wait to see the look on Pan's face.

I slipped a robe over my shoulders and walked into the main living space. I grabbed a book at sat on the chaise lounge. The robe would cover me until Pan came in and it would remain on the chaise when I stood. This was going to be fun. I read and listened to the soft rainfall which had started again. It wasn't long before I heard footsteps approaching the cabin. The door opened and Pan stepped inside. Droplets of rain sat softly in his hair, a few running down his face. I looked at him over my book. Suddenly Felix stepped inside behind him. Perhaps I could use this to my advantage.