Chapter 22

Elaine

We had stayed in the water for hours swimming around lazily. Spending long silent moments simply feeling the presence of each other's bodies. Pan had made towels appear on the beach which we lay on to dry off in the sun.

Eventually I had felt a pull to be closer to him, our towels overlapped, and I rolled over so that one of my arms was thrown over Pan's chest and one leg was entwined with his. We had fallen asleep lying in the sun. It would have been halfway between lunch and dinner when Pan awoke, waking me in the process.

"What is it?" I asked sleepily.

"Felix he's trying to find me." Pan said sitting up.

"Let him try." I grumbled laying my head down in Pan's lap.

He placed his hand lightly on my head clearly listening.

"Come on, we have to go."

"Peter please, let's just stay here." I whined.

"As much as you calling me by my first name is starting to grow on me, we need to go." He smirked.

I grunted sitting up. My hair was a salty, sandy mess but I was completely dry at least. I pulled my clothes on and followed Pan up the beach.

"Peter, I cannot be seen like this." I said as he motioned for me to climb through the bush, back into the forest.

"Why? You're not soaked or anything."

"Oh, you are such a boy, look at my hair." He raised an eyebrow at me.

He finally nodded and held onto me moving us back to the cabin using magic. I was sure I'd never get used to that either. I stood for a moment regaining my balance before speaking.

"I'll be in the shower."

"I'm sandy too you know." Pan said eyebrow raised.

"Well, you can just wait your turn." He pouted at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him as I walked away.

I closed the bathroom door and turned on the shower. I heard the water move through the exposed copper piping before bursting through the shower head. I striped off my clothes and hopped into the warm flowing water. I ran my fingers through my hair allowing the water to drench every strand, wash out every grain of sand. Suddenly I heard the door open, and I gasped,

"Peter! I told you to wait." I shouted.

Luckily, the shower was tucked away in an alcove so he could only see me if he crossed to the other side of the bathroom.

"I'm just giving you your towel." He chuckled.

"I know you can do that with magic." I said accusingly.

"Do you want the towel or not?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I want the towel!"

"It's on the rail waiting for you." I heard him start to leave, "Oh and Ellie, I'll see it eventually, so why be so worried."

"Leave Peter!" I shouted, I heard him laugh as he left.

I was so annoyed about what he'd just said but at the same time I couldn't help but feel...excited. I finished washing, quickly dousing myself in a splash of cold water and turned the shower off. I dried off and went to put on my clothes only to see they had been replaced with a forest green dress and matching ribbon. I put the dress on and tied my hair into a bun securing the ribbon around it. I stepped out of the bathroom, the short skirts of my dress swishing to see Pan and Felix discussing something in the main room.

Pan was standing and had his arms crossed tensely across his chest. Whatever they were talking about, it was serious. The curtains across the glass doors to Pan's room seemed sheer from this side but no one could see in unless they were very close. The curtains were drawn so I decided to sit on the bed and wait for him. Finally, their conversation finished, and Pan seemed contented with whatever the outcome was. Felix turned towards the door as Pan walked towards his room. Pan pulled back the curtain,

"Goodbye Felix." I grinned.

He turned giving me a little salute as he left, a smirk playing on his features. What was it with the lost boys and smirking?

"You know I actually think he likes you." Pan laughed.

"Felix, like someone? No, he's far too serious for that. He tolerates me at most."

"Well, that's more than for most people." I leant back on my hands watching Pan, my legs tucked up on the bed.

I licked my lips lightly before biting my bottom lip, one weakness I now knew of Pan's. He leaned down placing his hands on either side of my body, he got very close leaning in for a kiss. I placed my index finger lightly against his lips.

"You were less than charming in the bathroom you know."

"And are you punishing me for that?" He smirked.

I made a face as if contemplating.

"What makes you think you will ever see me naked?"

"Well, I almost did today Darling." He purred. "It seems to me that this is all going in that direction." His eyes flicked up and down my body.

The dress he had given me was short, his favourite mid-thigh length and the neckline plunged down my chest.

"Then I suppose I am punishing you." I ducked under his arms to slip off the bed, my dress slipping up so that my whole leg was exposed. I know he saw it.

"Ellie." He chuckled.

I walked away not acknowledging him.

"Ellie." He almost sounded like he growled.

"You've never been on this end have you Peter. Let's play shall we."

"Fine, I love games. The winner gets to control the loser's every move for a whole day. First to quit your little abstinence experiment loses."

"Deal." I grinned.

"And Ellie, no kissing Daniel either."

"Peter, I know this is just because of your vendetta against him."

"Not just that." He argued as if on trial, "Call it two birds with one stone."