Chapter 21

Elaine

I woke up, Pan's arms still wrapped around me, our legs tangled together. I rolled over causing Pan to stir. He grunted quietly, moving his shoulders as he softly opened his eyes. I set my mouth in a firm line, still annoyed about last night. Pan laughed, his voice husky with sleep.

"Not still angry with me are we darling?" He smirked.

I moved to leave the bed, but he held me tighter, softly kissing my neck.

"Don't think for one minute that this will make me any less annoyed with you." I spat, my voice at the volume of a whisper.

"Oh, I know it won't, it was my hope that this would make you madder. You're sexy when you're angry."

"Pan, don't objectify me like that." His lips on my neck were very distracting.

"You objectified yourself last night. But I suppose I shouldn't turn things on you like that, very ungentlemanly of me." I tried to retort but couldn't think straight.

"Last night was..."

"A mistake? It certainly didn't seem that way to me."

"Pan..." I groaned softly.

"It seemed to me that last night," he paused to kiss my neck again, "You thought you would get exactly what you wanted...but I got exactly what I wanted...because what I say...goes."

He finally moved his mouth to mine but repositioned himself so that his feet were out of the bed. Slowly he pulled away standing up.

"I always get what I want."

"And what is it that you want?" I asked allowing the covers to fall away from my chest exposing the dark blue lingerie from last night.

"That's for me to know...and you to find out." He smirked clichély.

"Pan." I grunted flopping back down on the bed.

I heard him move around to my side of the bed.

"Come on now, we'll head to breakfast." I stuck my arms up in the air, letting him know that I wasn't moving until he helped me.

He chuckled lowly hoisting me up to standing. We stood very close, his hands firmly on my hips. Mine on his chest. I reached up and lightly ran my fingers through his hair. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Pan called.

I sighed waiting hear Felix's gruff voice. But his voice never came.

"Pan your shadow is...Ellie?" I whipped my head around at the sound of Joseph's voice.

"Joseph, I um..." Joseph looked dumfounded to see me with Pan.

My cheeks bloomed red with embarrassment as I moved away from Pan. I could feel anger and resentment radiating from Pan.

"Can we talk once you've given Pan your message. Please?"

"Sure." He said slowly. I rushed passed him into my room grabbing my robe and tying it tightly at my waist.

As I moved back into the main cabin space Pan walked towards me, reaching out to lightly hold my elbow.

"I have to speak with shadow. Meet me here after breakfast." I nodded and Pan kissed me before leaving, only once looking at Joseph, seemingly communicating some silent message.

"Please sit Joseph." I said apprehensively as I walked towards him.

He cautiously sat on the chaise lounge while I perched on the arm of Pan's chair.