3

A week went by in term 1 and uni was in full swing, everyone was attending their lectures and the flat went out to flat parties practically every night for freshers week.

Jessica basically disappeared after freshers week, as she had a boyfriend back at home so she stayed at home and not in halls.

Harriet found her own friends and wasn't around much either. Naomi felt like she was closest to Liv, Tiana, and Eliza. They went to brunch together, studied together, cooked together, partied together and gossiped together.

As everyone got settled in, from time to time Naomi would walk into her kitchen expecting to find no one because they were either at their lectures or out but instead she found Theo. It was odd, he had his own kitchen, his own flat but he was always there.

They said hi in passing, never an actual conversation as everytime one did strike up a conversation, it would lead to a heated argument full of shouting and slamming of doors.

Reflecting back on the time when Naomi decided to play her music from her speaker when she got ready as everyone else was out. Then Theo came barging into her room claiming her music taste was 'absolute shite'. With Naomi arguing back that he was 'a pathetic piece of shit, who's opinion she did not care for'. Theo did not like her response and he then insulted her even further saying 'Wowwww you really think I care about your opinion of me. That hurt so much... Just turn off that shitty music' Naomi then responded with her telling him to simply 'get the fuck out and go into his own flat for once'. The two had a screaming match until Andrew came back and stopped it.

No one in either flat could figure out why those two always fought. Liv had asked previously Naomi if she hated Theo and she simply said no, believing that he instead hated her and started on her for no reason and she only entertained it to ensure he did not think he could walk all over her.

Whereas, when Andrew asked Theo what his hatred for Naomi was all about and Theo simply laughed stating that he did not hate Naomi at all, he just found her to be an annoying bitch at times and found it funny to piss her off. Then Andrew countered his point saying that he was a bit harsh on her. With Theo then explaining how she is nothing like the girls at home, she actually stood up for herself and didn't take his shit and he enjoyed pissing her off for bants.

When Olivia and Andrew returned from their lectures, walking through the front door at the same time. They went straight to the kitchen for dinner. They found Theo and Naomi in there. Praying in their heads this wasn't another argument, they cautiously stepped further into the kitchen.
The two of them were cooking in silence on opposite sides of the kitchen.

The four of them occupied the room, busying themselves with their own task of their individual dinners.

Naomi was still confused as to how Theo was in her kitchen before anyone in her flat who actually spoke to him, could let him in. So she wanted to ask. It wasn't a dig at him or any chance to start an argument, she genuinely wanted to know.

"Do you ever cook in your own kitchen?" She asked politely, hoping not to strike a nerve.

Theo looked up from his task at hand, a smirk evident on his face, his eyes showed amusement. Looking down at her 5"5 frame from his 6"1 stature he begun to say "Drew, she's being rude, tell her her to stop".

Naomi's jaw fell open, she looked at the boy in front of her in shock, she didn't even get an answer to her question and now he was claiming she was being rude. She didn't know what to say. Her mind was blank.

That's when it struck her, she couldn't help but laugh. It was funny. She found it such a funny situation, she didn't care if he intended it to be a joke or not but it was a funny situation in her eyes.

His eyes never left her as he watched the smile slowly spread on her face, showing off her white teeth. She started to laugh. Olivia began to laugh with Naomi, so did Drew.

Theo did not know if they were laughing at his statement or at Naomi but either way he enjoyed the atmosphere it was...different? He smiled to himself, maybe she wasn't so bad.

After a while, it became a running joke between the two, every time Naomi happened to be next door, or Theo walls be in her kitchen. They would ask eachother "why are you always in my kitchen".

It was a working friendship. It was something. Something better than arguing.

As the weeks went by, Tiana and Eliza would tell Naomi and Liv about the girls Theo would bring back, practically a new girl every night. It was a continuous topic of their girly gossip sessions.

Olivia had a boyfriend at home so she wasn't bothered if any of the boys at uni were attractive. Tiana was the typical pretty lightskin, she could get any boy she wanted but none of them were her type so she kept to herself. Eliza was shy with boys, stuttering over her words but the girls assured her they'd look out for any boys they thought would suit her. Naomi was single, not looking for a relationship, just someone she could get to know and hopefully come to the agreement of sleeping together with no title of a relationship. Relationships were too much pressure. Too much commitment.