38

He turned off the lights and climbed into bed. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. He couldn't talk to her. He couldn't apologise to her. He had to just accept he had hurt her and there was nothing he could say to make it better.

Naomi lay awake, her thoughts rushing through her head. She couldn't believe he had really said that. He had hurt her, with something she had trusted him with. She knew he didn't like her at times but stooping that low was something she didn't expect. Not even from him.

She knew she wouldn't sleep tonight, not with him next to her. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't move. She had never felt so broken.

As she looked over at Theo's desk, she saw his alarm clock displaying that it was six am. She didn't even realise how long she must of been staring into space, refusing to close her eyes and hear his voice echo what he had said over and over again.

She knew reception had to be open by now. Without a second glance at the boy next to her, she climbed out of bed, grabbed her phone and charger and left without a word. She didn't want to ever talk to Theo again. He had used something against her that she trusted him with. She would never bring up his sister, ever.

Before she could fully exit his room, Theo spoke to her for the first time in hours since What He'd said, "Naomi, I will make it up to you, I promise"

Stopping in her tracks to not even look at him, but to let him hear her potential kart words to him so that he could understand how much he hurt her, Naomi said "How can you promise me that when I don't even trust your promises, I don't trust you" and with that she left the room.

Theo watched her leave his room. He knew not to talk to her any further. He didn't even know how to explain himself even if he could. He felt like shit. He had hurt her and he had hurt her deeply. He could see in her eyes before she turned away from him last night. She was broken. He had broken her. His heart shattered at the thought of her not talking to him again because of what he had said. He wanted to make it right but knew he had to leave her be.

Naomi had made it down to reception, getting a spare card for herself. She wanted nothing more than to curl up in her own bed and cry. She just wanted to get back into her room, shower, change and catch her train home.

As soon as Naomi shut the door to her bedroom, she fell to pieces. Her heart sunk. Her legs gave out and she fell to the floor. Tears streamed down her face as she cried out in agony. She didn't know he could cut her so deeply. She was a wound which wouldn't stop bleeding. She was a shell of herself.

After allowing herself to break down for a while, Naomi sorted herself out. She showered and got ready. She needed to make her train, she needed to get out of this city for some time. Zipping up her suitcase and checking herself out in the mirror, she grabbed the handle of her suitcase, along with her keycard and phone to make her way to the train station.

It was a short walk. She was right on time for her train to pull up at the station. A three hour journey infront of her. As she put her suitcase in the luggage rack and found a seat, she sent her sister a text letting her know she was on her way home.

Looking out the window, she put in her AirPods and listened to 'Games' by RAY BLK as the city disappeared from her sight.