Chapter 14

(Y/N)'s Pov

"Hey look it's Shorty number 2!" Hanji bounds up to me and I release and inward groan before turning around to greet her, fake smile on my face. As much as I love Hanji, I'm not in the mood to deal with her right now. I just got back from training with Levi and he thoroughly kicked my ass. It's embarrassing really. Hanji fell into step beside me as we walked for the mess hall.

"Is there a point in asking you not to call me 'Shorty'?" I say, sighing.

Hanji grins. "Nope! So I saw you and the other Shorty training together earlier. Does that mean you've made up?"

I frown at her. I don't remember telling Hanji about my fight with Levi. And I know Levi sure as hell didn't tell her. "Made up?"

"Yeah, you know because you were fighting."

"How do you know that?"

Hanji rolls her eyes. "It was so obvious. You guys would barely look at each other. The tension between you two was almost tangible."

I look at Hanji for a moment, debating about whether denying it would do much good. In the end I just give in and say, "Yeah, we made up."

It has been 3 days since that night in his office and things were slowly getting back to normal. It felt good. Like now that we weren't fighting everything else seemed so much more manageable. I don't know why that is.

"Oh that's great!" Hanji claps her hands together excitedly.

"Hmm," I hum noncommittedly, calculating how long it will be until I can get food.

"So here's the thing," Hanji says. "I was wondering if you could do me a little favour."

Oh fuck, what did she want now?

I blow out a breath, preparing myself for whatever was about to come next. "Yeah? What's the favour?"

"Well," Hanji says, leaning down and whispering conspiratorially. "You didn't hear from me but Erwin is planning on sending you and the other short stack on more of your little missions outside the wall."

"He is? Why?"

Hanji shrugs. "Who knows, that's not what's important." Seems pretty important to me. "What's important is," Hanji continues. "That I want you to capture a Titan for me."

I choke, stopping short to gawk at her. "You want me to do what now?"

"I want you to capture a Titan!"

"You're insane. I'm not doing that."

"Please, (Y/N)! I would love you forever!"

"Hanji! I am not capturing a Titan for you. That's a suicide mission."

"I'm not asking you to bring me back a 15m or anything. Just like a little 5 or 6m. You'll have Levi with you; he's not going to let you die."

"He's not going to let me capture a Titan for you either." I look around. "Where's Moblit? Shouldn't he be supervising- I mean shouldn't he be with you?"

Hanji waves a hand in the air. "Moblit is taking a nap." Unsurprising, poor guy needs it. "Fine," Hanji says. "Don't get me a Titan, I'll get one myself next time-"

"I don't think that's a good idea-"

"That's not why I'm here anyway."

"Then why are you here, Hanji. I'm hungry," I look longingly at the mess hall doors down the hall.

"I came to remind you about the party tonight!"

I stare at her. "Party?" There's a party tonight? After everything that happened they're having a party? I've never pegged the Scouts as the partying type.