Chapter 21

Levi's Pov

We still haven't found Y/N and I'm starting to get really worried. I know Erwin is close to calling off the search and turning us around and I don't know what I'll do when he does. I can't abandon her. I'm starting to feel sick, assuming the worst. This entire situation is unprecedented for me, it's making me realise just how much she means to me. Dammit. I have to find her.

I can feel Hanji and Erwin monitoring me carefully, gauging how much I'm 'freaking out'. A sense of drive and determination fills my heart. I'm going to find her.

The sound of hooves fill the air, speeding towards us, and my heart jumps as a horse gallops into view. But the horse is riderless and my heart sinks back down again, twisting and weighed down by a terrible sort of dread. An uneasy silence settles over the group as one of the other Scouts wrangles the horse. I stare in the direction from which it came from. I hate that I'm assuming the worst, but I know everyone else is.

I turn to Hanji and she just nods at me. Worry fills her eyes, I don't know how well she knows the other Scouts but I know she's become attached to Y/N. She doesn't want to abandon her either. Simultaneously she and I both urge our horses on, galloping through the night. In the distance I see dark forms rise up. Houses. A village.

Another horse gallops by us, fleeing at top speed. I share a look with Hanji and we race for the village, blades drawn.

Then a scream fills the air.

Y/N's Pov

Teeth clamp down on my midriff and I scream. I plunge my swords into the Titan's gums, forcing it to release me. The Beast Titan is long gone, and I'm stuck fighting off the remaining rabid Titans. I managed to kill one but the final three are overwhelming me and my blades are near dull and I'm running out of gas. I twist out of the Titan's mouth, tumbling to the ground and fumbling for my ODM gear. I'm too late and I crash to the ground in a painfully. My bruised ribs sing in agony and I roll to avoid the massive hand reaching for me.

I stand, stumbling back, trying to catch my breath. I jump back and slash off the next set of fingers that reach for me. Once again I try whistle for my horse but she's run off. I'm all alone out here. I sprint around a street corner and finally mange to use my gear to position myself on the rooftop.

I see the Titans coming after me and I tap my gas canisters. Empty. Fuck. I look around, panicked. No, this can't be the end. I can't die here. I think about my squad, about Hanji, about Levi. I need to get back to them. Get back to him. Damn heichou bastard. I sprint off the rooftop and leap to the next. I land awkwardly, jarring my ankle. I hiss in pain and throw myself out of the way of another Titan's grabs.

Pure adrenaline is the only thing keeping me going as I try to outrun the Titans. I won't last long. I can feel my energy flagging and blood soaks my shirt, warming my hands as I press them to the wound.

This is really it.

I dodge and spin out of the way again, swiping at the Titan anyway.

Fine.

If this is the end.

I may as well go down fighting.

Levi's Pov

I know in my bones that scream is Y/N's and pure terror seizes my body. I urge my horse on, faster towards the village and the Titans I can now see moving around in the distance. Behind me I can hear the rest of the Scouts racing behind us, following our path. My heart is beating so hard in my chest it's at risk of bursting out through my ribcage. I can barely breathe. Beside me I can vaguely hear Hanji murmuring pleas that they - that she - is alright.

Always Worth the Risk || Levi x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara