Chapter 1

In a basic two room apartment two Rock trolls are just relaxing. The best friend roommates are minding their own business. The apartment is a little trashy but, for the most part it is orderly.

The walls are grey and so is the floor. The windows are white and standard. The kitchen is a little messy and small with white cabinets. There is an old big black torn couch,an small coffee table,black curtains, shelving,a TV and other basic necessaries. A almost half of their belongings are scattered in random places of the main area. The lighting in the room is bright but, still the room seemed dull.

One of the roommate,male Rock Troll, sits on the couch as he toons his red electric guitar.  He has grey blue skin,blue eyes,dull purplish blue nose, round pointy ears and a messy mane of black hair with a short molet. He wears leather shorts, the classic Rock trolls braclets and silver ring like earrings. There are tattoos on his body. One skull with batwings on his chest and a spider web on each hand. His name is Branch. The one on his chest is incomplete.

A female Rock troll comes out of her bedroom then flops backwards onto the couch near him. She seems bored out of her mind. Branch doesn't stop toning his guitar as he turns his head to look at her then looks back at his guitar. Her name is Poppy and she is Branch's roommate. They have been living together since the day they bought their apartment. They couldn't find anything they could pay for on their own at the time so they agreed to be roommates and live there for while.

She has messy hot pink hair with black streeks tied in a ponytail,hot pink nose, hot pink eyes,light pink skin and dull glittery freckles. She also has her fringe moved to the right side of her face covering it completely. She wears black headband with spikes, earrings similar to Branch's earrings,black tank top,Jean skirt,belt with skill beltbuckle,fishnets and ankle bracelet with spikes.

" Bored! Please tell me you have something fun to do later that I can tag along with. ", Poppy says bored.

" Well I going to have one of my tattoos worked on. Not sure if you will find it fun cause we be there for a hour...", Branch replies quietly and blankly.

" When is it?", Poppy asks bluntly.

" In less than half an hour.", Branch replies calmly.

"Sold. Maybe I should get my first tattoo while we're there.", Poppy replies happily and calmly.

Twenty-five minutes later Branch and Poppy enter their local Tattoo shop. There are many images of tattoo design on one of the walls. At the display case counter was a woman reading an magazine while blowing a bubble with her gum. She looks up at Branch with a look of indifference. Inside the display case was all kinds earrings and piercing jewelry.

Then there was the open small waiting room section that was empty. There was just chairs to sit on. The walls are yellow,the floor black and the ceiling white. At the back of the shops were booths for tattooing.

" Yo Mick! Your friend is here. ", the woman calls out.

Poppy looks up at the images on the wall. None of these tattoos jumped at her but, still she continued to look to see if she would find something she would actually want on her body. Branch joins her by her side happily.

" Found something yet?", Branch asks simply.

" Nope!", Poppy replies making a popping sound at the end.

" I'm sure you'll look good with any tattoo you pick. ", Branch says honestly.

" Thanks but, looks I'm not getting any time soon. ", Poppy admits.

Then the two friends heard a familiar voice. They both turned around to see Branch's tattoo artist who just happened to be friends with them. They had met at a party few years back before Branch got his tattos. Mick smiles as he walks over to his friends.

" How it going,dudes?", Mick greets happily.

Poppy smiles and gives him a fistpump then so does Branch. Mick gives everyone a fistpump when he greets. If he doesn't give you fistpump then you know you made him angry or he just doesn't like you. Either way Mick will be Mick. He will never change. Well that's what he likes to say but, everyone changes in some way.

" Same as always. ", Poppy says happily and chill.

" Hey. Have you heard of Queen Barb's big party? I hear it's going to be as great as her concerts. ", Mick says pumped.

" Yeah. We are actually got invited by her in person. ", Branch admits honestly.

" It's going to be legendary for sure. ",Poppy adds confident.

Soon Branch is laying on his back on the massage bed in one of the booths. Mick is focused with his tattoo ink gun moving slowly and skillfully. Poppy watches sitting on the chair having the best view of a bystander could. Branch couldn't see her so he has no idea about the fact his own best friend is secretly checking him out.

Poppy couldn't help herself. It wasn't in a creepy way. It just Poppy always thought he was hot and she wasn't wrong. Branch is a fine mixed music troll but, that wasn't the only reason Poppy was attracted to him. Poppy has been have these werid feelings around him whenever he would be so sweet or pick her up when her stupid ex tried to make her feel like she wasn't good enough and by even just being him for a while now. She always shaked it off though.

The female troll makes herself more comfortable by adjusting her sitting postion. Mick was too focused on his work to notice Poppy's behavior. Branch doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain since he knew how to handle it.

" So how many more sessions til it's done?", Poppy asks.

" Actually this is the last one. That's why it should be done in an hour. ", Mick explains.

" If I had picked a bigger tattoo it would had been longer. ", Branch admits.

Poppy looks at the tattoo being worked on more closely. It was coming along very well. Poppy wonders how much it must hurt since Branch doesn't seem to be in so much pain. Then her eyes off to side of Branch's face. No expression. Just him. She wondered a little what was he thinking. He usually is a quiet troll which isn't common for Rock trolls. It made him seem so much more interesting to her.