Chapter 16

Back in the Hard Rock Kingdom... Poppy and Branch are at a party with their friends having a blast. They had drank nothing so they are still sober but, the same can't be said for half of the guests at the party. Val, Demo,Barb and Riff had a little to drink so their still sober as well.

Barb stage dives off the stage and crowd surfs happily. Riff watches her being carried away then decides to have his turn at himself. The Rock troll runs to the end of the stage and attempts to stage dive but, the other Rock trolls who are suppose to catch him don't do it in perfect timing like for Barb so Riff hit the floor. The Rock troll's surrounding him flinch feeling bad for him.

" I'm okay...", Riff says honestly still face planted on the ground.

Val in all her excitement jumps onto the massive sneaker which wasn't booming loud Rock music. She almost fell but, luckily she planted her feet in time. Then she pulls out her guitar as someone throws her a cable. She catches it then plugs it into her purple guitar and starts performing an awesome solo. The Hard Rock trolls cheer her on as she plays rocking out.

Poppy throws and wraps her arms around Branch as he catches preventing her from falling anymore. Somebody had accidentally pushed her but, at least he caught her. Branch smiles as he looks down at her as she held onto his shoulders between his arms.

" Woah! Are you okay?", Branch asks happily and playfully.

" I am now. Your a good catcher. ", Poppy replies happily and honestly in a joking manner.

" Or maybe you just fall and trip a lot. ", Branch teases playfully.

The pink troll gets back on her feet then playfully and lightly punches his arm. Branch just chuckles softly and amused as he rubs his arm where she punched him. It didn't hurt but, he still felt it. Poppy smiles at him happily and a little goofily.

" I'm gonna look for Barb and Val. I'll meet ya at the bar later. ", Poppy says honestly and happily.

Branch smiles at her softly and nods his head. Then she walks away slowly from him. The tattooed troll watches her as she disappeared from his view like a beautiful mythical creature. There was a subtly fond expression in his eyes. After Poppy was gone he decided to go to the bar for a beer and to wait for her to come back so they can continue hanging out.

When Branch reached the bar Demo was there waiting for his beer. Demo was the only one sitting at the bar but, that didn't matter. He happily welcomed his friend as he sat down next to him. The bartender gives them two big glasses of beer then walks away.

" So where Poppy? Thought you were dancing with her. ", Demo says chill and relaxed.

" Oh she went to find Barb and Val. ", Branch says honestly.

" Hey handsome. Did you lose my address?", a flirtatious voice say a suddenly behind Branch.

It was Jessica! She wasn't wearing her uniform this time but, instead it was edge cocktail dress with an torn skirt. Jessica gives Branch a flirty smile as she sits down next to him. The Rocker didn't know what to do. The troll who he isn't interested in and who's address he threw away is here still interested in him.

" Looks like you still remember me. So did you just forget to message me or did you lose my address? ", Jessica flirts.

One of her hands moves over to his arm and  she touches his forearm. Branch felt nothing for her so he removes her arm from himself. He didn't even want to talk to her but, that seemed to make Jessica want him more.

" Your so quiet. What is going on in that mind of yours?", Jessica says flirting even more.

Branch just looks at not impressed then rolls his eyes. Can't she take the hint that he doesn't want to talk to her? Branch just takes a sip of his beer while Jessica eyes every detail on his chest. Branch knew what she was doing but, he didn't care much about it. Then Jessica looks at Demo gets an idea.

" Hey Demo. Your friend isn't in much of chatting mood. Could you hold onto my address for him so he doesn't lose a second time? Maybe he'll change his mind later. ", Jessica says friendly.

Branch couldn't believe what was going on right around him. Is she seriously going to use Demo to get to him? To Branch's misery Demo happily agrees and immediately takes her address like it's a winning lottery ticket. Jessica smiles happily then turns back Branch who still couldn't believe Demo right now.

" I'll see you soon, Hot Stuff. I have some of my own tattoos that you might like. ",Jessica says flirtatiously while touching his bicept.

After Jessica has finally went away Branch turns his head to Demo unhappily. Demo smirks at him still holding the address. He wasn't scared of Branch. In Demo's mind right now he thought keeping the address will be helping hid friend get more out there instead of getting comfy with only having sex with roommate. Not that there anything wrong with Poppy. Demo wanted to help Branch get himself a girlfriend so he wouldn't be alone in the end.

" Throw it away or I will... ", Branch says threateningly and softly.

" Noway,man! This is for your own good. You are going to send her message. ", Demo says happily and seriously.

" Dude, I'm not interested in her!", Branch states blankly.

" There's nothing wrong with smelling the pretty flowers available to you. Come on, Branch! Take a chance. ", Demo says encouragingly and calmly.

Branch rolls his eyes at Demo then takes a long and needed sip of his beer. He just knew that Demo wasn't going to let this whole thing go. Poppy happily pops up with a smile on her face next her favourite troll and sits down.

" What are you guys talking about? ", Poppy says happily and innocently.

" Branch is dragging his foot in his grave so I'm helping him. ", Demo exclaims confidently.

He puts the piece of paper in his hair where it would be safe. Branch glares at him annoyed. Poppy however didn't understand what Demo meant.

" Help him how? What are you talking about? ", Poppy asks confused.

" There's this girl named Jessica and Demo thinks I should give her a chance but, I honestly don't think I will like her since I don't now. ", Branch explains blankly.

Hearing that made Poppy pause! Uneasy feelings start to buzz inside her again. Poppy didn't know what to say. She didn't want Branch going on a date with some Jessica girl when he could be hanging out with her but, she knew that she couldn't just forbid him or anything like that from meeting someone. He is her friend, not her boyfriend or something...

" It's for your own good. Your just underrating her and your chances. You didn't even try. Who knows maybe you will like Jessica after you get to know... ", Demo says calmly.

" I don't know... Poppy, what do you think?", Branch says softly and unsure.

Poppy bites down on her lower lip as Branch looks at her seeking advice. Poppy still didn't want to see him with another woman but, she knew that he had the freedom to see or go on a date with whoever he wants. She knew would hurt to see it but, what could she do?

" Hmm... You should give Jessica a chance at least... ", Poppy says softly.

Poppy hated herself a little for saying that but, hide it. Branch still looking at her thinks for a moment. She could tell her was still unsure about going out with Jessica.

" Branch, it's not like we are dating so you can do whatever you want... I'll be fine with what whatever you decide... Go ahead and test the waters a little. ", Poppy says softly and subtly sad in the beginning.

The pink troll turns her head away from her best friend while he was lost in his thoughts again. He had turned his head away from her as well. She let's out a very quiet and sad sigh. Her eyes had an sad and unsure expression in her lost eyes. Poppy wasn't sure if she would actually be fine with his choice but, there was one thing she knew... That it might hurt a bit but, what could she do about it? As long as Branch is happy everything will be fine. Right? Oh why did things had to become so complicated?