Chapter 27

Music of the funeral plays as Branch and his parents walk towards Rosiepuff's grave. She had died peacefully in her sleep a couple days after she had given Poppy her bracelet. Everyone at the funeral are wearing black and grey and many of them had turned grey;especially the Timberlake family,Poppy and her father.

On the elder's headstone it said her birth to death date, about her character and her full name. Her grave was next to her husband's grave who had died a long time ago. Olivia puts down her small bouquet of sweetpeas, red roses and pink carnation. Olivia wears a simple black dress with straight skirt and short sleeves. Both Noah and Branch are wearing black suits.

Everyone watches the family as they say their Good byes to their loved one. Nobody dared to interrupt it. Noah sighs heavily while Olivia started quietly cry. Branch just stared at his grandmother's grave with the saddest look in his eyes.

After the funeral Branch is sitting outside his parents' pod on a tree branch all by himself. He hadn't said word since he had privately said Good Bye to his late grandmother. When Rosiepuff died Branch broke down with pure grief. He knew she didn't have a lot of time left but, that didn't make accepting that she was gone any easier. The mixed troll sighs as he starts flashing back to a old memory of him and his grandma.

Flashback; five year old Branch were sitting at the dining table of her pod building a puzzle. Little Branch tries to add a piece but, refused to fit just like all of the other pieces he tried. Rosiepuff chuckles amused and softly at his attempt as he gave up on the puzzle piece. This is their time to building a puzzle together.

" It won't fit. ", Branch whines.

" Let me help you. ", Rosiepuff says happily.

Then the elder took the puzzle piece and turns it around and moves it to another puzzle piece. She puts it in easily. Branch simply watched her do then looks up at her. The grandma smiles at happily as she hands him another puzzle piece suggesting that he should try again. Branch takes the piece with his little hand then puts in perfectly. He smiles at the fact that he finally got a puzzle piece to fit.

" See. It wasn't so hard. ", Rosiepuff says happily and encouragingly.

" Why do you like puzzles so much?", Branch asks curiously and innocently.

" Well a puzzle is like our family. We all fit together like we suppose to even when other trolls think otherwise. That's why family is important and why puzzles are so great as well,my little Peachfuzz. ", Rosiepuff says sweetly.

The flashback ends as Branch continues to stares at distance. A small sad but,yet fond smile appears on his face then it disappears. Poppy sees him through the pod window then looks down at the bracelet Rosiepuff given her. She was wearing black and grey dress with a - line skirt and a Jewel neckline.

" Take care of him...", Rosiepuff's voice echoes in Poppy's mind.

The pink troll nods her head to the bracelet as if it was Branch's grandma. Poppy slowly and quickly walks out the pod then over her boyfriend. She sits down on the tree branch next to him. Branch didn't notice her til she got the courage to speak.

" Are you okay?", Poppy asks softly and caringly.

Branch turns his head to her then looks away. He let's out a sad sigh. That was her answer. He wasn't okay. Poppy frowns sadly. She wasn't expecting him to talk if he still didn't want to but, she was hoping that he would. Poppy didn't say anything in that moment as she puts her hand over his hand and starts to hold it gently. She stayed there with him as the day slowly turned into night.

" I just miss her so much...", Branch says sadly.

" I do too but, I'm sure wherever she went she is happy...", Poppy says comfortingly.

Olivia looks through her pod window and notices that Poppy and Branch are still outside looking at the stars. Noah comes over to her side to see what she was looking at. Today was a rough and long day for them. The parents watch Poppy and Branch move a little closer together completely unware that they are being watched.

" Do you think he will be okay?", Olivia asks softly and worried.

" With her by his side he will be fine. ", Noah replies calmly.

Later that night after dinner. Poppy was in the kitchen helping to put away the dishes. Branch is upstairs taking shower and also he needed a moment alone. Her father is in the living room getting his jacket. Olivia notices Poppy's bracelet as she hands her another plate. She recognized it easily. Her mother would wear it with her Hug watch half most days. This is the first time Olivia noticed on Poppy.

" Is that my mother's bracelet?", Olivia asks.

Poppy looks down at bracelet. She had forgetten about it for a moment. She looks back at Branch's mother before she puts the plate away. Noah washes the last plate then puts it with other still wet dishes. He listens quietly to the conversation between his wife and their son's girlfriend.

" It is. She gave it to me when she came back home from the hospital. ", Poppy explains honestly.

" You know... It does suit you. You should wear it more often. ", Olivia says softly and honestly.

Peppy walks into the kitchen with his jacket on. It is getting late and they should leave. Peppy didn't want to overstay their welcome. He informs his daughter and Olivia and Noah that they should be leaving now but, Poppy had other ideas. She didn't want her boyfriend to be alone and also wanted to make sure he was okay for Rosiepuff. She isn't planning on breaking her promise. Branch still needed her like Rosiepuff had said before. Poppy turns back to Noah and Olivia.

" Actually I was thinking about maybe staying here for the night if you don't mind. It's just that I don't think Branch should be alone tonight since today was so hard for him...", Poppy says honestly and caringly.

" Oh. You can stay as long you like. We don't mind at all. ", Olivia says welcomingly and kindly.

" Okay then,Sweetie. I'll come back tommorw. ", Peppy replies calmly and caringly.

They all quickly said their Good byes then Peppy left. Soon after all the dishes were put away Poppy walks upstairs to the guest bedroom. The door was closed but, when she opened it she saw Branch laying the bed by himself lost in his thoughts. He was shirtless and wearing only his pajamas pants. When he heard her opened the door he snapped out of his thoughts. He was surprised that she was still here.

" I thought you were going to stay with your dad tonight...", Branch admits.

" Well I was but, then I thought why not stay with you?", Poppy says jokingly and honestly.

Branch smiles at her as she got on top of his bed after closing the door behind her. For the rest of the night Poppy slept with and snuggled Branch. Olivia had loaned her one of her nightgowns to sleep in. Branch was glad that she decided to stay the night and for the first time since his grandma's death he actually slept peacefully...

AN: I don't own the music! May Rosiepuff rest in peace...