Chapter 6

A few weeks later... The two roommates have been having lots of fun in the comfort of their apartment. They had gotten a few complaints from a neighbor who had a bad case of hangover but,other than that it was all good. Branch and Poppy hadn't told anyone about their new kind of friendship. They agreed to keep it as their little secret. Poppy sits on the couch as she laughs with some of their other friends,Valentina Dangerskull Thundershock and Demo.

Val has dull light blue-skinn with purple ponytails with several white streaks, red eyes, light blue nose and pointy ears. She wears red skull-shaped hairbands,purple lipstick, a purple hoop earring on her left ear, two of red and blue colors on her right with a purple stud, a purple skirt, a black tank top with a red heart and crossbones motif that exposes her belly button,a black studded belt, black studded bracelets, blue fingerless gloves, a black armband on her left upper arm, and a purple and red leg warmer on her left leg.

Demo has muddy blue skin,pointy ears, dark blue eyes, dark blue hair in a large spiky style and a soul patch on his chin. He wears a white vest, a purple and black stripped necktie, wine-colored pants, a black studded belt and black ear studs. He is Val's band manager too.

" You actually did that? Awesome!", Demo says with his rough American accent.

" Yup!", Poppy says proudly.

" Right between the eyes. ", Branch adds.

Branch throws Demo a beer can then sits down near Poppy. He has another beer in his hand but, it's for him. Val and Demo laugh even more. They never liked Johnny since he was very annoying but, to hear Poppy's payback it was like comedy gold to them. Demo had his hands on his stomach as Val slaps her knees.

" And he made the stupidest look I ever seen  him make!", Poppy adds happily.

" Now I wish I was there. ", Val admits happily.

Val wipes away a laughter tear as Demo stops laughing. Demo opens his beer after calming down from all of the laughing. Val leans back against the couch and rests her arms on the the top of it.

" So Riff kept Elvis?", Val asks.

" Yeah. Apparently the critter was happy that Riff freed him and wanted to stay with him for it. Riff still can't ride by himself without Barb's help. ", Branch explains.

" At least Riff is actually riding the critterbike. Johnny just left it outside and only used it to impress girls walking by. ", Demo replies honestly.

Branch drinks the last of his beer. Poppy continues the conversation as they move on to an random topic. She did most of the talking while Branch did most of the listening as usual.

" Are you guys are going back on tour soon?", Poppy asks curious.

" Pretty much. We will be gone in two months. ", Demo says happily.

Val starts to feel uncomfortable. It is like something in the couch is now sticking out and is poking her. She removes her arms from the head of the couch then reaches into the couch. What she pulls out however almost made Branch drop his eempty beer can and caused Poppy to freeze for a brief moment! Val had pulled out Poppy's formerly lost white bra which has been missing for almost two days!

It was one of the bras that clipped in the front and was simple with a little bow. Val looks at the bra then at Poppy who was trying her best to burst into flames of embarrassment and act natural. Demo spits out his beer when he saw the bra shocked.

" Poppy? Why is your bra in there?", Val asks blankly.

" Oh... Hmm... I madeout with this random guy and things kind of got a little out of hand as I was suggesting to him to move it to my room... ", Poppy lies awkwardly.

It wasn't a complete lie though. She did lose it as she suggested to Branch that they should go to her bedroom. They didn't do it on the couch last time. Branch just tries his best to pretend that he knew nothing about how the bra got there. Both him and Poppy were uncomfortable and felt embarrassed about this incident.

Demo couldn't say anything as Val just decided to leave Poppy alone about the bra. She did believe her and had gotten her own bras lost at home as well. Honestly Val had no reason not to believe her friend. Val hands over the bra to Poppy as she replied honestly.

" Been there...", Val admits calmly.

" I'll be right back... Just gotta you know... ", Poppy says awkwardly and a little nervously.

Then Poppy quickly got up and walked away to her bedroom to put her bra away. Branch remained silent not wanting to say anything. He just looks down at the beer can and shakes it a little pretending to check if there is any left. He knew that there wasn't any left in there. Demo still had a shocked look on his face with the gears in his head slowly turning. He couldn't believe what had just happened.

Soon Val and Demo eventually leaves Poppy and Branch's apartment. Poppy closes the door behind them and they both wait a few minutes til they couldn't hear their friends anymore. Branch was still sitting on the couch. The two roommates look at each other still feeling awkward from earlier.

" Well... That was just awkward...", Poppy comments honestly.

" Yeah...", Branch agrees.

" They will probably forget about it soon... Right?", Poppy says hopeful and embarrassed.

Branch's guess was as good as Poppy's guess. He hoped that it wouldn't come up again in the future and so did Poppy. The pink troll walks over to the couch then just flops onto it on her back not saying a thing. Branch just looks at her face tapping his fingers on the top of the head of the couch. Poppy let's out a deep breathe then looks up at Branch.

" Wann see if there's a good movie on and forget all of this for a while?", Poppy asks honestly.

" Sure. Why not?", Branch replies calmly.

The male Rock troll leans forward to the coffee table and picks up the remote to their TV. Poppy sits up then gets up and walks over to the kitchen. She is going to check if they still have popcorn in the cupboard or not. The TV turns and the audio of an random show can be heard as Branch surfs the movie channels they have.

" Hangover is repeating again in a few minutes for the third time this week along with the sequels after it.", Branch says loudly.

" Okay. Let's watch them. I found the popcorn.", Poppy calls out from the kitchen.