Chapter 9

Poppy was laying on her front on her bed still completely naked. She watched and talks as she watches Branch get dressed in front of her.vPoppy smiles happily enjoying the view. Branch had no reason to be shy about his body at all since Poppy had seen every inch of him. He honestly didn't care about it just like Poppy didn't care. If he did than it would be confusing since they have sleeping together a few months now. It's too late to worry or get shy.

" You know it's more fun to be here with you instead of working...", Poppy admits.

" Didn't you say before that you enjoyed your job? ", Branch replies.

He zips up his leather pants. Poppy turns innocently landing onto her back with her head now dangling off the bed. She still had a good view of him despite him looking upside down to her. Branch is still listening as he picks up his black vest from the floor. He is completed aware of the fact Poppy is looking at him. He doesn't think that she is partly doing it to check his body out.

" I did but, the slow days are so boring! Nothing to do and my boss won't shut up about how none of us are working. It's not my fault they won't come in! ", Poppy explains complaining.

" Maybe he will leave you alone today. ", Branch says calmly.

" Maybe... What about the project?", Poppy replies calmly.

Branch puts on his vest slowly as Poppy asked him a question. He had joined this new project recently but, the leader has been giving him hell about the designs he had provided. He is the only one considering all of the factors but, still their not good enough. It's like the leader of the project is trying to make Branch quit but, he isn't quitting any time soon.

" Erect is an asshole but, I'm not letting him win by quitting. I have been working my ass last year just to be part of the project. If anyone is lazy it's him! ", Branch replies complaining as well.

The pink troll turns herself around repositioning into sitting then stands up finally deciding to get dressed. She knows how hard Branch works when it comes to working on his designs. To her it kind of seems like the asshole in charge of the project is  threaten by Branch's skills. If anything Poppy strongly thinks Branch could had been the leader if Erect wasn't degarding him so much.

" I still think you could had done a good job. ", Poppy admits honestly.

" Thanks but, I honestly didn't want to be in charge anyway. ", Branch replies calmly and honestly.

She picks up some of her clothes and starts to get dressed. Later that day, Poppy is reading an magazine as she stands behind the counter of the shop she is working at. It is another boring work day with zero costumers at the makeover shop. Usually there is someone she could give a makeover to but, nobody is walking in for a makeover.

" Boring!", Poppy exclaims.

She pushes the magazine aside. She wished that she was home instead with Branch right now. He is probably still working on the project. It didn't have to be them having sex. Poppy just wanted to do something fun or relaxing with him like watching a movie or play on their guitars to see who was better. Poppy just wanted Branch.

" What's with that goofy look on your face?", a female voice says.

Poppy didn't even know she had a goofy smile on her face as she thought about Branch. She turns her head to one of her co - workers, Valka, confused. Valka sits down on the chair next to the counter.

" What are you talking about? ", Poppy asks confused.

" You had one of those goofy looks on your face. Who were you thinking of?", Valka asks.

" No, I didn't and I was just thinking about hanging out with Branch again. ", Poppy denies then admits.

Valka raises an eyebrow at Poppy. She had a feeling there was more to it than that. She knew Branch was her roommate who she later found out was hot but, looking at their relationship it was something else. Poppy and Branch would say one thing but, what they might do next or how they act sometimes says something else.

" Really? Just hanging out with your roommate and one of your best friends? Who you see and talk to everyday? Not convinced! ", Valka says dramatically.

Poppy shakes her head at her. She knew some trolls would misread her relationship with Branch. Even her dad does it but, he would back off little when she complained most of the time. He still kept his views though. Poppy grabs the magazine again pulling back to where it was earlier.

" It's nothing really. Branch and I are friends. ", Poppy replies blankly.

" Okay then. What are you hoping to do later?", Valka say a calmly.

Poppy thought for a moment. Her eyes get a little dreamy as a goofy smile appears on her face. Valka immediately knew she was right about Poppy having some sort of feelings starting or growing for Branch.

" I don't know... Maybe watch a movie together on the couch or go out to eat. ", Poppy says softly and happily.

" You sound like you and Branch are a couple. You falling for him. Aren't you?", Valka says knowingly.

Poppy is taken back by Valka. Her eyes widen in shock replacing the dreamy look that was in her eyes! Valka watches Poppy as she hears trying to deny what she had said.

" What? No! We are just friends!... I don't like him like that... ", Poppy denies then her voice goes softer.

When Poppy's voice soften the emotion in it was like she wasn't completely sure herself. Poppy did see Branch as her friend but, sometimes her feelings would become complicated. She didn't think it was love though. Was she just mixing them up?

The pink troll just tries to shrug it off but, Valka still wanted to say something. Valka takes the magazine from Poppy then opens it above the counter with her elbows acting as a stand. Poppy just looked at Valka quietly unsure what to say or think in that moment.

" Maybe you like him or maybe I am wrong about it but, you still get goofy looks on your face when you think about him sometimes. If anything your guys relationship seems kind of complicated I guess...", Valka says honestly.

Poppy bites on her buttom lip as Valka reads the magazine while she talks. Valka had no idea how complicated it was and Poppy didn't know how complicated her relationship with Branch could get. After a minute of just looking at Valka and her magazine, Poppy just shakes it all off mentally telling herself that Valka was messing with her.

' I don't get goofy looks when I think of Branch...', Poppy thought denying Valka's observation.

AN: Yes. You do, Popsqueak.