Chapter 20

Poppy let's go of a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. She is going to need all of the strength she could master. Hopefully Branch will take her confession well at least. This is definitely going to be hard to say or explain.

"I know you had just got out of whatever relationship you sort of had with Jessica but, Branch, the guy is you... Wanna be my boyfriend?",Poppy confesses softly and nervously.

Branch's eyes widen as he froze out of shock. He couldn't believe what he had just heard! Did Poppy just confess to him? Did she actually mean it? Was she messing with his head? Was he imagining all of this? Poppy looks at him worried waiting for him to say something. Him not saying anything caused her to feel angst. Then finally Branch spoke.

" You better not be messing with me. ", Branch blunts out not thinking.

" OF COURSE I'M NOT MESSING WITH YOU! Your the most sweetest and amazing guy I ever met and know! Your been there for me when most didn't, made me smile when I'm sad and I fricking love you! We both can be stubborn and annoy the hell out of each other but, that only makes me love you more. If you don't feel the same then just say so and you need to spare my feelings...", Poppy suddenly says pouring out with all of her pentup emotions.

Poppy talked so fast that she started panting for a moment trying to catch her breath. She felt so relieved to finally get all out but, then she got nervous again when looks Branch directly into his eyes. He was quiet, very quiet, and that scared her. Then a soft smile slowly appears on his face causing Poppy some confusion. Is that a good sign or not? Her heart felt like it was pounding.

" Actually I was going to tell you almost the same thing... I love you too and have been for a long while now. I never thought that you would feel the same way...", Branch confesses lovingly and softly.

Now it was Poppy's turn to shocked. She couldn't believe it! Her heart jumps and beats in joy as she stared at him for a few seconds. Was she dreaming? Is this real? This better not be a dream or else she will scream!

" Seriously? Then why did you agree to give that psycho a chance?", Poppy says in disbelief.

" Cause Of you and Demo! The reason why I didn't want to give her a chance in the beginning was cause I liked you and not her. Why did you think I was so hestiant? ", Branch says honestly.

" I thought you just weren't unsure about whether it was an good idea or wasn't worth a try. Why didn't you say anything? ", Poppy admits honestly.

" I didn't want to ruin everything between us and scare you off! Why didn't you say anything before?", Branch replies honestly.

" I didn't want to ruin everything and scare you off either!", Poppy replies honestly.

Then both trolls fell into an awkward silence. The new development had shut them up. Branch and Poppy simply stared at each other awkwardly. They could hear their hearts beat in ears since it was so quiet. Neither of them could say anything still processing every word they had used til finally Branch broke the silence.

" So we made everything more complicated then it really was...", Branch comments softly and awkwardly.

" Sounds like it...", Poppy agrees softly and awkwardly.

Meanwhile in a bar, Demo and Val are sitting in a booth. Demo has a beer while Val has a simple cocktail. Val had told him everything that happened earlier with Jessica. Demo was completely shocked by the news. He didn't know Jessica was a crazy Bitch! He just thought Branch was being too picky and wanted to help.

" What?! I shouldn't had pushed Branch to meet up with her. She genuinely didn't seem crazy like that at all when we met her. ", Demo says shocked then softly with regret.

" Yeah and that's not all... Poppy secretly liked Branch more than she let on. ", Val adds calmly.

Demo is now even more surprised. He didn't know that Poppy was in love with Branch! He would had thought more closely when Branch said that his feelings for Poppy were changing. Val picks up her drink and slowly takes a sip while maintaining eye contact with him.

" Wow... I had no idea... ", Demo exclaims surprised.

Meanwhile in Barb's castle... Barb is chilling with Riff. They are sitting on the couch in the Queen's room as Debbie flies around near the ceiling wildly. Barb has Jessica already taken care of so there is no worry. Riff has his beanie lift up above his eyes as he listens to Barb talk about the big event and how crazy Jessica was. He never would had thought Jessica would be crazy like she was.

" That Bitch isn't going bother Poppy or Branch any time soon. ", Barb says honestly.

" Narly... Is Poppy and Branch okay? ", Riff says softly.

" I think so... By the way I was right again about Poppy's puke feelings. She is in love with Branch just as I expected and also pay up. ", Barb says honestly and causally.

Riff immediately becomes confused. Debbie flies towards his head so he quickly ducks. Barb isn't bothered by her wild pet flying around like she is. Debbie just does that sometimes when she is playing by herself and Riff of course knew that. Riff gives Barb an confused look while she just looks at him  simply.

" But, we didn't bet on it...",Riff says confused.

Barb raises an eyebrow at Riff as Debbie flies around in circles out of control. She knew that her and Riff didn't make a bet about Poppy liking Branch but, she wasn't implying he should pay her for that. Riff had borrowed some money from her and had said he was going to pay her back today. She knew that he got the money this morning. He must had forgetten about it after she started talking about Jessica and Branch and Poppy.

" You still owe me fifty bucks. You said you would pay me back today. Remember? It was for your Elvis. ",Barb states blankly.

Riffs eyes widen as he realized that he had completely forgetten that. He didn't have the best memory but, then again who has a perfect memory? The money is in his pocket. He was going to give the morning a moment ago.

" Ohhhh!... Sorry...", Riff says catching up.

Then Riff looks down at his pocket and starts digging in it to get the money. Just as Riff pulls out the full amount Debbie accidentally crushes into Riffs head and falls into Barb's lap! Riff screams in pain as he fell onto the floor immediately. Barb looks at Riff surprised then down at Debbie who was dizzy.

" Debbie!", Barb says seriously.