Chapter 18

It is three in the morning and Poppy had just came back to her apartment drunk. She tries to open the door but, suddenly could not do it. She had drank over her limit by a lot. It's surprising that she could still stand but, barely walk. Branch could hear her struggle with the door so loudly that she woke him up.

The male troll gets out of his bed confused and tired. His hair hair was extra messy and he was wearing his most comforting pajamas. The pants were long and light blue and so was the fuzzy cozy shirt. He got them from his grandma as a Trollmas present.

" I'm coming! I'm coming! Relax!", Branch says sleepily and unhappily.

By the time Branch reached the door the noise had stopped but, he knew the Troll was still there. He unlocks the door then opens it revealing his drunk roommate who was sitting against the wall. There was a drunk goofy expression on her face as she hiccups. The hall light was still on so Branch saw her easily. He raises an eyebrow at her.

" Branchie! You got the door open. ", Poppy exclaims drunkly happy.

" Girls night?", Branch asks simply.

She nods her head giggling. Branch let's out a soft annoyed sigh then shakes his head. Poppy sticks out her arms to him implying she needed his help getting back up. Branch walks over to her then gets on one knee while wrapping an arm around her. Poppy giggles as he pulls her back into her feet.

" Love your jammies... How wasted am I? Will you cuddle me?", Poppy says softly and drunkly.

Branch just ignores her as he helps her walk into their apartment. Drunk Poppy will ask as many questions she wants before he could even think of an answer so he isn't going to answer most of them. Branch ended up having to lay down and snuggle with her in her bed. Poppy basically made him her own living teddy bear that snuggles back but, honestly Branch did like it.

The next day, Poppy had fully recovered from her hangover from yesterday. She sits on the couch with Val and Barb. Val opens one of the random magazines as Poppy gets up and starts walking over to the kitchen to see if there is still some of her pie left. Branch walks out into the room when they hear a knock on the door.

" Not doing it. ", Val and Barb says bluntly.

Branch rolls his eyes at them. They had made themselves very at home here but, won't answer the door. He walks over to the door but, when he opens he is a little surprised to see who came to visit. It was Jessica! Honestly she is very annoying and Branch is planning to tell her that he didn't want to see her ever again and that he was never her boyfriend. Jessica has been telling everyone she knows lies about their relationship and how they were 'dating' and very 'close' which was all far from the truth! He was just getting to know her and had decided that he didn't like her at all!

" Jessica?", Branch says out loud.

" Missed me?", Jessica says flirting.

Poppy almost drops a plate she was taking out when heard that name! Suddenly she starts feeling uneasy again. The pink troll immediately puts his the plate and walks out the kitchen to see Jessica. Jessica just walks into the apartment not saying anything. Branch didn't even invite her to come inside.

" So this is your apartment? ", Jessica says judgementally.

" Yeah... is that a problem?", Branch says honestly and blankly.

Jessica says nothing continuing to look around as Branch closed the door. Poppy looks at her unhappily. She could tell Jessica was low-key implying something was wrong with their apartment but, why would it matter to her? She doesn't live here  and will never be living here. Jessica makes Val move up so she could sit there even know she could sit litteraly any where else. Val didn't care so she just sat on an chair that Riff forget to take with him yesterday.

" Not that I'm complaining or anything like that but, why did you come over?", Branch asks blankly and unhappily.

" I just wanted to see you again...", Jessica says in a flirty manner.

Poppy felt more unhappy and jealous in that moment. Sure Branch and Jessica weren't exactly doing anything but, she didn't like how she was causally flirting with him in front of her! Branch didn't flirt back because, he wasn't interested in her like she thought he was. Jessica is basically living in a Fanasty world that she tells everyone.

Branch tried to get Jessica to leave but, she just refused and ignored whatever she didn't like hearing that came out of his mouth. Poppy wasn't fond of her staying here either and so was Val and Barb. Jessica  kept on making judgemental comments about everything while acting like she wasn't. Jessica can be a bit entitled so easily.

" Hey Poppy. Could you make yourself useful by getting me a drink? I'll keep your seat next to Branch warm for you. ", Jessica says.

" Fine...", Poppy says annoyed.

The pink troll unhappily stands and walks into the kitchen forming fists. Barb and Val notice that she is aggravated then them so they decide to follow her. Jessica steals the spot where Poppy was sitting and gets a little too close for Branch's comfort. He moves away from her subtly glaring at her. Poppy angrily opens the fridge and grabs some random juice that they had.

" You okay, girl?", Val asks softly.

" No! I'm bloody not! Pretty Jessica is trying to steal Branch for herself! I'm bloody in love with him and that stupid waitress is messing with everything! I know me and Branch are friends but, I can't take it anymore! ", Poppy whispers angrily.

Barb wasn't surprised by her friend's outburst. She knew that Poppy was in love with Branch but, this is the first time she admitted. Val however looked at Poppy surprised then her expression changed to calm. Barb grabs a glass then starts digging in the cupboards looking for something.

" What are you doing?", Poppy asks confused.

" We are getting rid of that Bitch,Miss Jessica. ", Barb says simply.

Val smiles and joins Barb looking for something to put in Jessica's drink. After a moment Barb gives Poppy the glass of red liquid mixed with something that tastes nasty. Poppy looks at the drink then back at Barb and Val. She didn't make this drink at all so she doesn't know what is in it.

" Give this to Jessica and she will want to leave. ", Barb says.

Branch is getting really tired of Jessica getting closer and closer to him. He finally gets up after gently pushing her off then goes to the bathroom just for a moment of peace! Jessica was stepping on his nerves and is on his last one. Jessica watches him leave thinking he is leaving the room cause of her for a completely different reason that sounded flattering.

Poppy walks over to her Jessica holding the  glass nicely. Val and Barb slowly followed her then find good places to sit where they could watch comfortably. Jessica turns her head to Poppy and her happy expression changed to sour.

" Here's your drink... ", Poppy says happily.

" We made it especially for you...", Barb says evilly.

" Took ya long enough. You would make a terrible waitress if you were one. Your not even as pretty as me you wouldn't get much tips either for your looks.", Jessica says rudely.

AN: Stay tuned in... Stuff is going to go down...