Chapter 10

Branch is watching TV with his back leaning against the couch and his legs resting on the couch as well. His left arm is on top of the head of the couch. He had gotten home a few minutes early. Surprisingly Erect didn't even show up at the meeting or at all so everything went smooyhly. The male troll surfs through the channels trying to find something good to watch.

Then the door opens revealing that his roommate is now home. Poppy has her handbag with her hanging from her shoulder. The pink troll closes the door behind her using her foot before she notices  her best friend.

" Your home early. ", Poppy comments simply.

" Erect didn't show so I actually got some work done. How was work?", Branch says honestly.

Poppy drops her handbag onto the coffee table then sits down on the end of the couch closest to her. Branch puts the remote down on the arm rest then brings both arms down to his sides. Poppy smiles at him simply happy to be here as Branch smiles simply too.

" It was one of those days I told you about earlier. Had an interesting talk with Valka actually... ", Poppy admits.

" What was it about?", Branch asks curiously.

Poppy pauses for brief moment thinking about what Valka had told her. Should she tell him? Maybe not. It's not like it is anything to worry about. She just had the wrong idea about their relationship or was just messing with her. Either way Poppy still didn't think Valka was right about her having feelings for Branch. Wouldn't it be werid to have or develop feelings for your best friend and fuck buddy?

" Nah... It's wasn't anything to worry about. She was probably just messing with me. So what are you watching?", Poppy replies softly and calmly.

Then Debbie flies into the apartment through the open window. She had a note with her as flies down to Branch. Soon standing outside their apartment Branch and Poppy are waiting for Barb and Riff. It is night time. Poppy makes random popping sounds as she waits while Branch is leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

Riff and Barb finally get there each riding a critterbike. Riff is driving very well now on his own. No crashing or going out of control. Just riding with conference. Looks like Barb's teaching paid off. They both stop  next to the sidewalk as Branch and Poppy walk closer to them.

" Wow! Great job,Riff. ", Poppy says impressed.

" Looks like Barb finally tought you something. ", Branch jokes.

Barb glares at Branch for a moment then gets off the critterbike she was driving. She ignores Branch's joke like he had never said it. Riff however stays on Elvis who is now a very happy critter.

" Riff got his critterbike license and we are going out to a biker bar to celebrate. Now Riff scoot over so I can drive. Popsqueak, Boy Toy the other one for you. ", Barb says chill and proudly.

Riff backups on his critterbike seat so Barb could claim onto the driver's seat. Poppy immediately calls dibs on being the one to drive then hops on before Branch could say anything. He just looks up at her in disbelief. She gives him a cheeky smile.

" You can drive on the way back. ", Poppy smirks.

Branch playfully shakes his head with a small smile on his face. He knew Poppy wasn't going to leave the front seat right now. She claimed it already. Ten minutes later Barb and Riff drive up to the bar with serious speed with Poppy and Branch right behind them. The Queen parks in one of the few empty spots like a boss while Poppy just parked normally next to her. There is pure excitement on all of their faces.

" That was awesome. ", Poppy comments thrilled.

Branch laughs as he jumps off the critterbike. Poppy tried to match Barb's speed but, she was almost as fast. He had to hold on to ensure he didn't fall off. Poppy gets off the critterbike shortly and so does Barb and Riff.

" Let's go in before we miss all the fun. ", Barb says.

Poppy grabs Branch's wrist with a smile then pulls him as she goes into the bar. Barb almost bursts into laughter at how Branch was completely surprised by Poppy. The pink troll rarely drags him so Branch never expects it.

A several moments later Branch, Barb and Riff are sitting at the bar drinking. Barb and Riff laugh at their own inside joke. Branch takes a sip of his beer in a glass bottle as he notices that Poppy has been gone for a while now. He turns his head towards the direction she went hoping to see her but, he didn't see her.

' She can't still be in the washroom. Maybe I should go check on her... ',Branch thought concerned.

He puts his beer down then gets up and walk away. He didn't see her among the crowd as he passed random trolls. When he goes in the short hall leading to the washroom surprising she was there like she was hiding from someone. Something is definitely wrong.

" Poppy? Why are you hiding? ", Branch asks worried and confused.

" Johnny was trying to hookup with me but, I rather jump into the volcano so I came here after he started to make moves...  Is he still out there?", Poppy admits uncomfortable.

Poppy was telling the truth. She really didn't want to see her ex again. She actually thought the drunk revenge event would be the last time but, clearly life disagreed. Branch didn't see Johnny anywhere but, if Johnny had hurt her he will probably get himself kicked out the bar. The young troll walks closer to his roommate.

" I didn't see him. He didn't hurt you, did he?", Branch replies honestly.

Poppy gives him a small smile and shakes her head. Johnny didn't get very far but, still she was uncomfortable enough to avoid him as much as she did. Branch is relieved to know that she wasn't hurt.

" Good then let's go back to the bar. He'll probably leave you alone for the rest of the night and hopefully forever. ", Branch says gladly.

Poppy laughs softly. Branch just looked cute to her in that moment. She likes it. They walk out the short hall but, then Poppy saw Johnny again! He saw her and immediately started walking towards her. In panick Poppy pushed Branch back into the hall against the wall! Branch was stunned by her actions!

" He's coming over! Kiss me and make it look like your my boyfriend. ", Poppy says in a whispering voice seriously.

Branch could see her ex - boyfriend in the corner of his eye then looked into Poppy's eyes. He could tell in one second that she really wanted nothing to do with her ex. Then without thinking Branch wrapped his arms around waist and suddenly pulls them around. Poppy's back is now against the wall and she kisses him while wrapping her arms around his neck. Branch is enchanted by the kiss that he deepens it.

By the time they broke the kiss Johnny had left the bar completely. Poppy couldn't see him any where as she was still being held by Branch. She turns her head back to her friend who was waiting to hear if Johnny was gone. Looking into Branch's eyes she felt more safe and secure. Her heart skips a beat as she was lost in his blue eyes. He was blushing and so was she for a moment.

" He's gone...", Poppy says softly.