Chapter 21

A few days later... Branch was busy making Breakfast for him and Poppy, his now girlfriend. He wore only his cozy sleeping pants. The apartment has more light than before. The bacon in the pan sizzles. The smell of Branch's cooking filled the kitchen and drifts off into the other parts of the apartment. Branch is very good at cooking. There are plates on the counter with a slice of toast and an egg on top of it on each of them. The breakfast is almost ready.

They had decided to start dating a couple days ago after they had their important conversation. They are both in love with each other, the timing doesn't feel wrong and there is nothing in the way of their love so they upgraded their relationship from friends with benefits to a official couple. They also agreed that neither of them wanted to share each other with another troll so they happily made their relationship an closed one.

Poppy happily tip toes into the kitchen wearing Branch's robe. It was green and light brown. She smiles happily as she quietly sneaks up behind her boyfriend. Then Branch felt two arms wrapped around hugging him causing him to turn around and smile.

" Morning...", Poppy greets cheerfully.

" Morning... I thought you were still asleep. ", Branch says honestly and happily.

" I was til I smelt breakfast. ", Poppy says honestly and happily.

Then Poppy and Branch share quick loving kiss. Poppy wraps her arms around Branch's neck while he wraps his arms around her waist. The new couple couldn't be happier right now. Everything felt like it was finally coming right to them and it was. All they ever needed and wanted was each other.

" Why are you wearing my robe?", Branch asks calmly.

" Cause I wanted to...", Poppy replies causally.

Then Poppy let go of her boyfriend and walks out of his arms. She grabs one of the stools at island like counter and sits down happily. The pink troll hands Branch a plate which he puts some bacon then does the same with the next one. Soon the couple are both sitting at counter together enjoying the breakfast.

" What are you planning to do today?", Branch asks casually.

" Actually I'm thinking about looking for a new job. The makeover salon isn't a place I want to have as my career. ", Poppy admits honestly.

" What do you want to do instead?", Branch asks caringly.

" I don't know. I never knew what I want to be when we were growing up. You had that all figured out. ", Poppy says honestly and softly.

Poppy always knew who she was but, never figured out an career. The makeover salon was meant to be a stable job that she could do in the meantime til she found the perfect career. Branch understands that unlike most trolls. Not everyone figures out their dream jobs when they were trollings. Branch smiles at her softly and caringly.

" I'm sure you will find something. ", Branch says supportively.

Poppy smiles at Branch softly as he takes another bite of his breakfast. Several hours later, Poppy had just got home and is on the couch looking at jobs page of the local newspaper. She was job hunting for something new and fun. After looking at every job advert available she discards the paper unhappily onto the coffee table.

Branch walks into their apartment back from his work. He got held up longer than he liked but, he got all of his work done and had contributed to the project. Erect couldn't say anything about it since Branch proved him wrong. Plus he had the best comeback for him when they all started working. Erect had shut his mouth after Branch had said it. Branch happily smiles then sits down next Poppy and gives her a quick kiss on her cheek.

" Hey Pops... Sorry that I'm late. So howz job hunting?", Branch says happily.

Poppy didn't mind it that he was held longer at his project. It was nearly over after all. She smiles at him then lays down against him resting her head against his chest. Branch wraps his arms around and leans back as she got comfortable.

" Found nothing but, I'll try again tommorw. Did anything good happen with that project your working on? ", Poppy says honestly.

" I got Erect to shut up and keep his mouth shut for the whole time. He can't handle what he dishes out. ", Branch says honestly.

Poppy laughs then gets more cozy by putting her legs on the couch. Branch smiles down happily at his girlfriend. She looks cute when lays down like that. Her arms are around him cuddling. They never cuddle when they were friends with benefits but, they did snuggle sometimes which were usually by accident. Neither of them minded it though.

" So what did you say? ", Poppy asks curiously.

" Told him his voice was an obnoxious noise and that if his lazy ideas were so good then he should give them to me so I could use as my own. He had no ideas. He was all talk. ", Branch explains simply.

Poppy continues snuggle with her boyfriend as Debbie flies into the apartment like usual. She was flying more calmly and had another message from Barb. The happy couple didn't even move as she swiftly lands in front of them onto the newspaper.

" What do you think she wants?", Branch asks blankly.

" Could be another concert. The last one was very fun. ", Poppy says positively.

Then Poppy stops cuddling and slowly sits up. She gently takes the message from Debbie who just looked at them. Poppy unfolds the letter but, to surprise there was a flyer with it too. It falls out folded onto her lap. Branch quickly takes the folded flyer and unfolds the blue paper. It was for the " All Music" festival. The festival is where all the trolls tribes come together purely embracing each other and their different styles of music. It happens every year.

" I forgetten about that festival. ", Branch comments honestly.

" Barb wants to know if we are going to go with her or make it there on our own. ", Poppy informs happily.

Poppy smiles happily. She hadn't forgetten about the festival. Her and Branch didn't spend a lot of time together last year at the festival but, then before it ended they danced to this lovely song that was actually a lot similar to their relationship when they were friends with benefits so recent events. They were so lost in that moment the song stuck with them.

" Do you still remember that song we danced to last year? ", Poppy says fondly and softly.

" Yeah. It was Señorita. Who would had known that song would had predicted our relationship's development?", Branch says honestly and fondly.

Poppy chuckles agreeing with him. That song did predict a part of their relationship development after all. She is glad that it did because, if it wasn't for them having that drunk sex when they did they probably wouldn't be where they are emotionally now. They probably would had still be friends.

" So are we going to ride with Barb or not?", Poppy asks happily and calmly.

" Sure. I don't mind a free ride. ", Branch replies calmly.

AN: The song referenced is "Señorita" by Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes.