Chapter 8

A few days later... Poppy walks around the apartment looking something she lost. She starts digging in the couch but, just found another one of her bras stuck in there. It was black with lace and a tiny skull charm tied to the tiny bow. She didn't know why people sold these kind of bras but, she liked how they looked compared to the boring standard bra. Why wear a death trap if it's not nice at least? That is probably the logic behind, isn't it?

" What are you looking for?", Branch asks walking out of the kitchen.

" Looking for my new skull earrings. I want to wear something different. ", Poppy says honestly.

" You left them in my bedroom. Their on the nightstand. ", Branch informs.

Poppy turns around with a happy smile on her face. She had forgetten about leaving them there last night. Then a firefly from the Pop Village flies into the apartment through the window. It carries two scrapbook letters. One was from Poppy's father and the other Branch's parents.

" Looks like our parents might want us to visit. ",  Branch jokes.

The firefly lands onto the coffee table smile innocently and cutely. Branch walks over to the couch and sits down as Poppy sits down as well. She had put her bra in her hair. The cute critter just continues to smile at them. Branch takes the envelopes and hands one addressed to his roommate to her. Poppy opens the envelope finding a picture of her father and a short letter.

" What does it say? Is he enjoying his retirement and his retirement mushroom?", Branch asks.

" Seems so... He wants me to come over to Pop Village and visit him for first time since he moved there. Remember what he said before he left?", Poppy says subtly cheerful.

" Yeah. It was " I'm getting too old this city's shit.". Still surprised he choosed to join my dad when he moved there to stay with mom. ", Branch replies honestly.

He laughs as he remembers the time when he and Poppy had moved out into their apartment. Poppy laughs as she heard her father's words. Their fathers had their own plans of moving too. Branch's father wanted to finally live with Branch's mother while Poppy's father wanted to retire in peace. They had made sure their fully grown kids had settled in first and were fine before they lift the city for the Pop Village.

" That's my dad. What did your parents say?", Poppy says softly and happily.

Branch opens the envelope. There was a card his mother made and a short letter from both his parents. When Branch opened his mother's card glitter fired into his face! Poppy just bursts into laughter as it happened almost falling off the couch.

"I hate glitter!", Branch groans.

He unhappily wipes the glitter off his face then looks at the homemade scrapbook card. It was colourful like his mother's culture. It is very obvious that Branch's mother is a proud to be a Pop troll. Branch looks like pure blood Hard Rock troll like Poppy but, there are subtle details about his body like his ears shape showing that he is mixed. He puts the card down then opens the short letter.

" Ah! I was right. They want me to visit them like your dad does for you. And apparently our dads's told my mom about the embarrassing moment in our teen lives! Oh Come on!", Branch says honestly then unhappily at the end.

Poppy covers her face with both hands and groans annoyed. Of course their dads remember that one moment but, forget where their keys are! What happened was that Barb pushed her and Branch caught and their lips were so close to each other. They stared at each other completely shocked because, Barb was trying to get them to do their kiss dare she gave them which they didn't. Their fathers walked in when Branch was still holding her sides preventing her from falling as one of her hands was on his chest and the other on his shoulder.

" Why are dads like that?", Poppy complains.

" I wish I knew...", Branch replies unhappily.

Branch just sighs then leans back against the couch. The letter was still in his hand. The Firefly closes it's eyes and let's out a yawn. Poppy lifts her head and looks at her roommates. She can see it on his face that he was thinking.

"  Maybe we should actually visit our parents. Not now obviously but, one day still. ", Poppy says honestly.

" Your right but, what should we tell them? They really want to see us...", Branch adds.

" I have no idea. How about we just find something fun to do and come back to replying later. It's not like the critter is leaving. ", Poppy says honestly.

Branch agrees with her. He rather do anything else have to tell his parents that he isn't going to visit as soon as they would like. Poppy gets up and walks to the kitchen  then comes back with two bottles of water. The Firefly is fast asleep on their coffee table tired from it's traveling. The pink troll throws of the bottles to her roommate which he catches easily. She sits down right to him but, this time on the other of the couch.

" So what do you wanna do?", Branch asks blankly.

" I don't know...", Poppy admits.

The pink troll looks down her water. There wasn't anything wrong with it. Her mind was completely blank. Maybe she would got ideas if she was drinking something else. Branch takes a sip of his water he listen to his roommate say what was on her mind.

" I should had picked something other than water... ", Poppy says thinking out loud.

" Val and Demo drank the last of the booze. We got nothing but, water anyway ...", Branch says honestly.

The two trolls stay quiet for a moment trying to think of something to do. After a while they just decided to go out but, ended up getting drunk. Now they are on one of their beds again making out passionately and drunkly. Branch was on top of Poppy as their tongues wrestled.

" Your so sexy...", Branch says between their passainate kisses.

" Your so hot...", Poppy replies back.

She giggles as they start to become more handsy. She wraps her arms around his neck then starts messing with Branch's ears with her fingers, lips and teeth. Branch's eyes close for few seconds as his ears lower a little by themselves. His hands goes underneath her shirt and they move up to her breasts mischievously.

The firefly decided to and flies to the still open bedroom door of Poppy's room. He was curious to see if there is anything to deliver. Without any sense of it being a bad the critter makes a loud noise causing Branch and Poppy to stop and look at it with blank expressions. Branch just rolls his eyes.

Then Branch used his hair to close the door shut as they went back to having fun. Poppy pushes him onto his back wanting to be both on and in charge. The critter just stared at the door confused as the noises in the bedroom was getting louder and louder. It had no idea what was going on. All it wanted was their replies to deliver back home.