Chapter 26

After Branch had his breakdown he didn't come back to the hospital for a long while. Noah and Olivia had found him with Poppy tired and weary with most of his emotions drained away. They had took him to their pod so he could sleep but, he barely slept that night. He missed Poppy's comfort as well.

He just laid there in the guest bed curled up in a ball. Last night was a lot to take in. Not only his grandmother was near her death day but, they kept him in the dark about it for so long. He wasn't mad at them but, he was still a little upset that they didn't tell him. Branch had every right to feel that way. Then he hears a knock. Branch just assumes it must be his parents. He didn't want to talk to them.

" Go Away! ", Branch says unhappily.

" Since when has that ever worked on me?", Poppy's voice replies.

Her voice made his ears perk. He sits up and turns his head to the open doorway. Poppy stood there looking at him. She came to check on him and to make sure he was okay. She notices how he still looks like a bit of train wreck but, that was understandable. He had a breakdown so he wouldn't be looking like nothing is wrong. At least his eyes are less red and swollen but, it obvious that he didn't get enough sleep.

" Thought you were my parents...", Branch says blankly.

" I figured. Are you okay? ", Poppy says honestly.

Branch let's out a heavy sigh. He wasn't sure if he was okay as he turns his away from her. His arms slump down as his hands rest in his lap. Poppy walks over to the bed and sits down next him. She starts braiding a few standards of his hair. Usually trolls didn't just allow someone to touch their hair without their trust or in some cases permission but, Poppy her own free pass with Branch.

" You know your parents and Grandma are worried about you. Are you going to tell me what happened?", Poppy says softly.

" My grandma is both sick and near her deathbed but, for few months none of them told me til last night at the hospital... Apparently they wanted to 'protect' me... ", Branch explains.

Poppy frowned sadly at the news. Her father had mentioned something about Rosiepuff not feeling well but, not that she dying! No wonder Branch was so upset. It's a good thing she came along with him. Poppy stops braiding his hair then puts her hand over his hand.

" Oh Branch... I'm so sorry... What are you going to do? ", Poppy says softly and sadly.

" I don't know... Maybe I should stay here in the village...", Branch says softly.

" Then I'll stay here with you. ", Poppy says lovingly and supportively.

The pink troll then gives him a kiss on his cheek. Branch slowly turns his head to her with a small and soft smile on his face. She made him smile for the first time in hours in that moment. That was something nobody else could manage to do. Then Branch kisses his girlfriend on her lips gently and softly and she complies by doing the same.

Unknowingly to them Olivia had saw and heard the whole thing. She didn't mean to spy when she came to quick on her son but, she is glad that she did. She smiles softly then walks away quietly. The Pop troll just had a good feeling that everything will be okay in the end...

Later that day Branch finally had the courage to go back to the hospital with his parents and Poppy. They all knew that it was hard for him so nobody brought up last night or said anything that would accidentally trigger him. Rosiepuff sat in her bed waiting for them hoping to see her grandson. She hadn't seen him since he ran out upset last night. She prayed that he would be okay and come back. It was her fault that what she feared came true but, all she can do now is to try and fix that.

Then the elderly troll hears a knock on door so she turns her head to see that was her family and Poppy. She smiles when she sees Branch. He was completely quiet and seemed a bit tired and uneasy. At least he came to visit her. Branch sits down on the same chair he sat on last night but, this time he was going stay.

" Hey Peachfuzz... Are you feeling better?",Rosiepuff says softly and caringly.

Branch just nods his head to her. Poppy pulls up a seat and sits down next to him. Noah and Olivia remained quiet. They didn't want to interrupted the conversation. Rosiepuff could tell that Branch was having some trouble right now trying to deal with the situation but, still Branch was trying.

" What about you? Are you okay? ", Branch says softly and awkwardly.

" I am fine. You probably have a few questions for me, don't you? ", Rosiepuff says kindly and honestly.

" A 'few' is an understatement... ", Branch replies blankly.

Rosiepuff is amused by his reply. For the next two weeks Branch and Poppy would visit Rosiepuff every day like Olivia, Noah and Peppy would. In that time they all got closer like they were all one big family combined. Rosiepuff even started treating Poppy like she was part of the Timberlake family even more when Branch told her about their relationship. She was truly happy for them.

Today Rosiepuff is finally being discharged from the hospital. She was tired of being stuck in that hospital room for long. Over two weeks was longest she ever been in the hospital. The grandmother walks into her pod for the first time in weeks happily with her grandson helping her. She had almost tripped a couple times and was still a little weak but, she was still fine and just happy to be home again.

" Peachfuzz, can you go to kitchen and make me some tea?", Rosiepuff asks kindly.

Branch nods his head to her with a small smile then walks away into the kitchen leaving her with Poppy. Rosiepuff sat down as she waited for him to be gone then turned her head to Poppy.

" Poppy. I need to talk to you about something, dear. ", Rosiepuff says softly and happily.

Poppy looks at her confused for a second before joining her on the couch. She didn't know what Rosiepuff wanted to talk about with her privately. Rosiepuff had happy expression on her face so it must be something good. Right?

" I know you and my grandson got together recently and have known each other far longer but, I just need to know something about your relationship. How serious are you about being with him?", Rosiepuff says softly and caringly.

Poppy froze surprised that Rosiepuff asked her that kind of question. She didn't think she would facing that one so soon but, then again Rosiepuff's time is limited. The doctors don't exactly know when her life will end but, they were serious about it being soon. Poppy thought for a moment. Her relationship with Branch is completely different from all of her past relationships.

She knew him since High School. They were friends who became best friends then friends with benfits and now they are dating. They had fallen in love with each other and had took their own time with their relationship. Things are more serious between them than most couples when you think about it. They aren't planning to get married or anything too serious like that but, still they are serious about their love and being together.

" Well... I am more serious about being with him than I ever was with my prevous boyfriends combined actually. I love him. ", Poppy answers honestly.

" Then I want you to take good care of him when I'm gone. He is going to need you and I trust that you will be more than capable to do so. ", Rosiepuff says softly and happily.

" I will... ", Poppy promises with her whole heart.

Rosiepuff smiles at her happy to know that Branch will have her in his corner. Then Rosiepuff takes off silver bracelet with many charms. It was special to her and she wanted Poppy to have it. Poppy looks at down at the bracelet then back up at the elder.

" Take it. ",Rosiepuff says softly and kindly.

" But, I can't. It's like one of your family's airlooms. ", Poppy says honestly.

The elder smiles then takes the younger trolls hand. She put the bracelet aroud Poppy's wrist then clips nice and tight so it wouldn't fall off. Poppy looks at in disbelief and still unsure about the bracelet.

" Consider it a gift from me and as your special reminder of your promise to me...", Rosiepuff says calmly.

AN: The image up top is what the bracelet looks like