Chapter 17

Poppy is unhappily waiting for Branch to come back from his coffee date. She is laying on her back on the couch staring at ceiling above her. Demo has convinced Branch to go on a Coffee date with Jessica after he promised that he would let the whole thing if Branch went through with it.

All Poppy could think about was Branch and about what could be going on during his small date. None of her thoughts were making her any happier or less jealous. She couldn't stop her emotions or thoughts as they continue flooding her mind.

What if the date went well? What if it goes too well? What if Branch starts liking Jessica more than he likes her? What if Branch thinks Jessica is better kisser than her? What if Jessica convinces Branch to move out of their apartment and he starts forgetting her? What if Branch disappears out of her life like a ghost forever? Living all happy with Jessica?

" Okay, I need to stop! ", Poppy says seriously and unhappily softly.

Poppy's over thinking thoughts were getting very out of hand. Branch just went to drink coffee with Jessica. Not getting married and running away! Maybe she should try to ease her mind before her thoughts go crazy again coming up with more possible but, very unlikely events. Branch would never ditch or ghost her for years.

The pink trolls turns herself around so she could face the TV without having to sit up. Her body felt a bit lazy right now. She grabs the remote on the coffee table then uses it to put on the TV. The show that was on at the moment was something random but, it made her feel a little targeted.

" Previously on Friends with Benefits. Rose was stressing and scared about losing Brandon to prettier girl. She stopped the date but, will Brandon feel the same way?", the TV narrator says.

Poppy immediately changes the channel not wanting hear anymore about a show that is similar to her life! Then she hears the door open. Branch walks in with his jacket hanging over his shoulder and a shopping bag with groceries in his hand. Poppy slowly sits up watching him as he walks pass her.

" Hey Poppy. Took care of this week's shopping on my way back. ", Branch greets blankly.

" Oh thanks. The fridge was empty anyway. So how was the date?", Poppy says honestly then a little awkwardly.

Branch puts the shopping on the counter as Poppy stood up and walks over to it. She starts helping him by unpacking the shopping as he starts talking. His jacket was now on the counter too near the shopping bag. Branch didn't seem super happy but, he wasn't unhappy either. He was more netrual. Is that good or bad?

" It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually. Jessica was nice and little too handsy for her own good but, I am still giving her a chance like you said... ", Branch admits honestly.

Poppy bites down her lower lip. She wasn't exactly hoping for anything but, she kind of did hope for the date to go a little sour. Just a little. Is it wrong for her to not want Branch to go out with Jessica? Poppy couldn't deny that she was jealous of the fact Jessica and Branch went on a Coffee date but, she did encourage it so she kept her stupid mouth shut.

Two weeks later, Branch and Jessica continued to meet up but, they weren't dating at all. It was more like they are getting to know each other than actually dating. Branch and Poppy hadn't ended their arrangement either but, they hadn't had sex in a while due to work. Poppy's jealousy has been becoming more feuled but, she did her best to hide it trying to not be jealous.

Poppy is inside the kitchen beating a bag of big chocolate pieces with a big spoon she had. She is wearing an apron and her hair is tied up more nicely. At first the idea of baking a treat was to busy herself but, now it turned aggressive and into some kind of stress relief. Barb and Val are both sitting on the couch as they heard her. They look at each other sharing  a confused and concerned expression then turn their heads back to Poppy. Poppy wasn't even aware that they were looking at her.

The oven makes a small ding sound causing the pink troll to stop abusing the poor bag of chocolate. Val gets up then walks over to their friend slowly. Barb shortly fellow her example and stop in front of the side the counter where Poppy was. She takes out the pie tin then puts it next the destoryed bag of chocolate. She opens the bag emotionless as her friends start to talk.

" Poppy,are you okay?", Val asks concerned softly.

" You seem a little tense so what' s up?", Barb adds concerned.

" Nothing. What makes that something is wrong?... ", Poppy says blankly.

The first word she said was a lie. Of course it wasn't nothing and Barb and Val could tell easily. The baking troll pours the chocolate pieces into the pie to be the filling. It is getting harder for Poppy to hide how she is upset. It was very obvious to Barb and Val.

" Well you were beating all that chocolate...", Val points out.

" I'm suppose to do that. ", Poppy replies blankly.

" We know but, you seemed extra motivated to do it...", Barb says little concerned.

Poppy picks up the baking pie pan after putting her gloves on again. She puts it back into the oven so the filling will melt. After quickly adjusting the temperature of the oven she comes back to the counter. Her gloves slip off as Barb and Val share another look.

" Seriously. What is going on, Popsqueak?", Barb asks seriously.

" I don't feel like talking about it...", Poppy admits.

" Okay! You need a girls night out now!", Val exclaims.

Poppy turns her head to oven then back to Val. The pie filling still needed to melt and it will burn if she left in there. Their girls nights would last hours sometimes even all the way to three in the morning. Poppy wouldn't mind a drink right now actually and could use some fun to forget why she is upset in the first place but, she really didn't want to abandon her pie like that.

" What about the pie? ", Poppy says simply.

Barb and Val paused for a moment. Poppy can bake one of the most amazing pies you will ever eat! If they just left it would burn and be ruined. There is no way they are going to let one of Poppy's amazing pies get burnt! They still want to eat it later. Then Barb comes up with a solution.

" We will go out on girls night immediately after you put it the fridge so we can eat tommorw...", Barb says confidently.

" Good idea. I'll go get ready. ", Poppy agrees.