Chapter 2

Soon Barb's legendary party had started with a bang. The music is loud and proud. The decorations are edgy like always. Almost everyone in the kingdom was there. Poppy is pumped for it ready to have the time of her life and probably get wasted like usual. Most of the time she would get drunk but, it's not like she had problem.

Poppy and Branch both sit down at the bar. The bartender gives them each a strong shooter. The two friends each takes theirs and jug them down. It can be seen in their expressions how strong the shooters are as they put the little glasses on down on the bar. Both of them can still feel the burn for a few more seconds.

" Wow. Now that was strong!", Branch comments.

" Yeah. Hit us up again! ", Poppy says ready for a second round.

The bartender refills their shooters then walks away to serve another Hard Rock troll. Branch drinks his down before Poppy could even pick hers up. She smirks at him with a mischievous smile as she picks up her shooter.

" Oh... Trying to beat me at this game?", Poppy jokes.

She drinks hers down as Branch looks at her. He knew what she was doing but, couldn't stop himself from playing along. It always happens so naturally. Neither could resist the push and pull of their banter. It was like their own special thing.

" You seriously think you can handle a shot better than me. ",Branch says competitively and jokingly.

" Maybe. Wanna bet?", Poppy replies.

" Okay. Ten bucks goes whoever can drink the strongest shooter without spitting it out. ", Branch says.

" Deal!", Poppy replies confident.

After doing their silly bet Poppy ended up winning. The bartender takes away their shooter glasses as Branch starts paying up. He hands over ten rand Bill to her as she smirks at him. He shakes his head as she exams it before putting it away into her skirt pocket.

" You know if you have not touched my chest tattoo you wouldn't had won. ", Branch says subtly grumpy.

" Aww... Your a little sensitive. Aren't you?", Poppy says with a cutesy voice.

She is just messing with him. She laughs as he rolls his eyes at her then gently punches his shoulder playfully. She jokes with him some more as she starts to look around her. The party is pretty wild right now. There is Barb on stage with Riff. The crowd around the stage is loving it. The bartender had walked away from them again continuing to do his job.

" I'm just messing with ya,you baby. ", Poppy jokes.

Then Poppy spots the last troll she wanted to see with his new girl! In that moment all of the fun she was having immediately went down the drain. Of course he is here! Of course he brings that stupid sidechick he cheated on her twice with! She turns her head back to the bar avoiding seeing her stupid ex.

" I need the strongest drink you got. ", Poppy orders unhappily and softly.

Branch immediately notices the change in her. He Just knew something happened. He raises an eyebrow at her as the bartender gives her the strongest shooter he could give.

" Poppy?", Branch asks concerned.

" Branch, it's nothing. ", Poppy immediately replies with not happy tone and lowly

He could hear it in her voice. She wasn't fine. Branch isn't going to let it go. He would be a bad friend if he didn't try to help her. Plus judging by her behavior it is big so even if he wanted to he wouldn't stop asking.

" Poppy? What is going on?", Branch asks seriously.

" Fine! Don't look now but, you know who is here with the one he you know who he cheated on me with. ", Poppy says lowly and honestly.

" Your Bastard ex is here?!", Branch says angrily.

" Yes. Now shut up before he notices us and comes over and we end up stuck doing that phoney chat where we all pretend nothing happened! ", Poppy says lowly and quietly upset.

She grabs the shooter than drinks it down. It burned a lot but, she needed it right now. Branch was still upset not wanting to let it go. He hated her ex ever since he found out about the cheating. Nobody hurts his friends like that! Especially the ones he loves! Branch always had this protective side to him but, he usually hid it like Batman does with his secret identity.

" I should had kicked his butt a long time ago...", Branch comments.

" Just don't! I don't wanna see or talk to him or have to pull you out of that fight myself. ", Poppy replies unhappily.

She wanted nothing to do with her ex. The day they brokeup and the time she found out and caught him cheating were rough. Her ex even had the nerve to point fingers at her saying that she was cheating on him too with Branch which wasn't true. Branch was supporting her everytime her ex hurt her or ditched her for his sidechick! She couldn't believe and wondered why did she even date that jerk for two long years. Poppy had wasted two years she won't get back.

" You know what? Forget about him. He never deserved you anyway. He is one the one who messed up on his chance of having a wonderful girl like you. ", Branch says honestly and a little upset.

Poppy looks at Branch as he took a sip of his beer. She felt a little fuzzy inside but, assumed it was the very strong shooter she had drank. The woman had this soft look in her eyes. She wanted to believe him but, she didn't think of herself as great as Branch did.

" Your just saying that...", Poppy says dismissively.

" No, I'm not. Poppy, you are amazing and any guy would be lucky to have as their girlfriend...", Branch replies softly and caringly.

Poppy smiles softly at him feeling fuzzy feeling again which she shakes off. Branch smiles softly back at her. She could see it in his eyes that he meant every word. Then suddenly Barb sat righr between accidentally killing the moment!

" Hey Popsqueak. Boytoy. What's with all the sappy stuff?", Barb says.

The bartender slides her a beer which the Queen catches effortlessly. She has a short red molehawk,pink eyes,dull light pink nose,very dull skin and a damage ear missing a part of it. She is wearing a white tank top,jean shorts, bold applied black eyeliner and two classic Rock bracelets.

With the moment now killed Poppy just asks a random cocktail while Branch slowly picked up his beer. The awkwardness can be seen on Poppy's face while Branch's was completely blank. Barb takes a slow sip of her beer as Poppy started to speak again.

" My ex is here with the sidechick he cheated on me with...", Poppy replies awkwardly.