Chapter 43

JOHNNY'S POV:

"Gabby we can't let Dally go off on his own. He might go off the rails again", I said.

She put her hand on her head in frustration, "I know but I don't know where he would go- wait a minute.  Johnny you stay here with Pony. I know where he's going"

GABBY'S POV:

I ran out the front door to Two-Bits car. It was pretty beaten up, but I was sure it could drive pretty well.  I started the engine and drove to where I thought Dallas was, and I was right.

I parked the car right next to the car Dallas had stolen. I ran out of the car, back up the hill. He had gone back to where he had taken me this morning.

When I got to the top of the mountain, I saw him. Dallas was sitting in the grass, hugging his knees. He had his face buried into his knees.  I walked over to him, "Dallas..?", when he looked up at me he was bawling his eyes out.

"Baby what's wrong?", I asked frowning as I ran over to sit next to him. Dallas held me tightly as he cried.

"Do you wanna talk about it?", I asked rubbing his back. He nodded. I held him tightly in my arms, "it's okay baby. I've got you. It's okay".

After he calmed down he began to speak, "before my mom died, she used to take me here every weekend. We would sit here, and watch the sunset", Dallas took a deep breath and continued, " I hate sunsets because they remind me of who I used to be, then it all changed. Like a sunset, my life was pinks purples and golds, then it went dark. Not a color in sight. I was happy in my childhood, even though it was just me and my mom since my dad had left. The sunset reminds me of my mom and how she was always there for me, and then she went and died. Everything went downhill from there. I broke, I was never fixed and I can never be fixed. I miss my mom. I miss her more than anything and I hate sunsets because they remind me of the love she felt for me, and I'll never get that back", Dally buried his face into my shoulder and by now, he was shaking from crying so hard.

I felt horrible, I held Dallas tightly in my arms as he bawled his eyes out, "I miss my momma. I miss her so much and I can't stand it. I want her back and I need her with me", he squeezed my shirt tightly as he hugged me.

"I know you miss her baby. I miss my parents too, but life's a bitch. People come and go, but the people that stick around, they're the ones ya really gotta hold on to. I know you miss you mom, and your allowed to miss her. But you've gotta remember that your not alone. You've got Sodapop, Darry, Ponyboy, Two-Bit, Steve, Johnny and me, and let me tell ya Dally, we would go through hell for ya. We all love you more than you could ever imagine and we'll always be here for ya. No matter what ".

Dally tried to smile through his tears, "I love you so much, I don't think there will ever be the right words to describe how much I love you. You don't understand how lucky I am that I have you in my life".

I kissed him and held him close, "so, ya ready to head back so we can miss the sunset?" I asked with a smirk.

Dally nodded. I wiped away his tears, "don't cry baby. I don't like to see you sad", I said with a half smile as I kissed his cheek.

I wrapped my arms around him and he put his arm around my shoulders as we walked back to Two-Bit's car.