Chapter 44

JOHNNY'S POV:

By now, all the guys were home. I had filled them in on Dallas running off, again, and we were all sitting in the living room waiting for Gabby and Dally to get home.

"Ey Johnny, where's Pony?", Soda asked as he took off his boots.

"Oh he wasn't feelin' too hot. I asked him and he said he was overwhelmed with everythin' that's been goin' on so he had to take the day off", I explained.

Darry stood up, "imma go check on him", he walked down the hallway to their room.

DARRYS' POV:

As I got to the kids room, Pony was asleep. I sat down beside him rubbing his shoulder, "hey buddy.  How ya feelin'?" 

He sat himself up in bed, "I feel better now. Gabby talked to me which calmed me down a bit. I threw up earlier but I feel better now"

"Alright pal, we'll we 'oughta get ya up. Dallas ran off again and Gabby went after him. We ain't sure what happened or when they'll be back, so we're waitin' in the livin' room"

Pony and I got up and walked out to the rest of the gang. Steve and Soda were arm wrestling, nothing new, Two-bit was sitting on the floor drinkin' a beer, and Johnny was fiddlin' with his thumbs. I worry about Johnny, I mean no kid with that personality's truly happy.

As we walked into the living room, Two-Bit stood up and let out a loud, juicy, beer smellin' burp in my face, "I've been savin' that one for ya..", he smirked.

I picked two-bit up and threw him over my shoulder, "I 'oughta just skin ya by now!", the gang started to laugh.

As I put Two-bit down, Dally and Gabby walked through the door. It went silent and all our eyes were focused on them.