five

Somewhere in between Felix finding us and Felix beating the man up, I must've lost consciousness, because I can't remember much after. It was like, one minute, I was sitting on the concrete of an empty sidewalk and the next, I'm sitting next to Felix, back in the store.

Felix's tongue is poking the inside of his cheek and he's fighting to keep his breath regulated.

"Where did he touch you?" I don't respond, keeping my eyes trained on the ground. "Where did he fucking touch you?" Felix yells, making me look up at him. His eyes are narrowed and every muscle in his body is tense. He seems like he's struggling to keep control of himself.

"I won't ask again," Felix says, getting closer to my face. "Where. Did. He. Touch. You." Looking away from him, I silently lift my wrist, where there are red marks in the shape of a hand. There'll definitely be bruises forming later. Felix lets a breath out and grits his teeth.

He tentatively takes my wrist in his hands, his gentleness at complete odds with the tension in his body. Felix rubs the angry spots softly, muttering a quick apology when I hiss in pain.

"This is gonna hurt, okay, angel? But you're a good girl, you'll take it, right?" His words distract me momentarily, making butterflies form in my stomach. However, it was not nearly enough to distract me when he presses down on my bruises. I let out a sound that borders on a scream before slapping my free hand over my mouth.

Not much longer, the pain starts to dissipate and my wrist begins to feel normal. I lift up my hand and watch as the redness and swelling starts to disappear. I marvel at my wrist for a second before lifting my gaze to Felix's. He still looks angry as hell, but his eyes soften as he looks over the rest of my body.

"You need to go home." He says, his tone leaving no room for discussion. "I mean it. But you're not going alone. I'll come with you." 

I want to argue, but I know I can't. He'll be the absolute death of me.

so sorry that it's so short, but the last one was long, and i'm working on the next few chapters, which will be a wild rollercoaster. this was more of a filler, but look forward to the next parts!!