fifteen

I'm woken up by a pounding on Felix's door. Groaning, I sit up and rub my eyes gently, going to get up, but Felix stops me.

He pushes down my shoulder gently, already making his way to the bedroom door. Felix shoots me a small smile before opening the door. 

"Jisung," he says, crossing his arms and stepping back a little. Jisung pushes past him into the room, freezing when he sees me. Jisung whirls around, his expression a mix of pity and confusion.

"Felix, you can't- it doesn't-" Jisung sputters, his hands moving around anxiously. Felix pats his shoulder before moving to sit next to me. He wraps an arm around me and presses a gentle kiss to my cheek before raising an eyebrow at Jisung.

"Are you guys back? To normal?" Jisung's voice raises in volume and pitch, making me wince. Felix rubs my shoulder reassuringly. He looks at me questioningly. Are we? He mouths silently, tilting his head.

I close my eyes for a second. Back to normal? I don't really know what that means. Honestly, it feels like Felix is a little too comfortable with me. It's almost like he's trying to force things to go back to normal. Or whatever normal was for us.

Sending Felix an apologetic smile, I shrug off his arm and stand, making eye contact with Jisung. 

"I don't really know what that means," I tell him, watching his face carefully. "And I have a lot of questions that I really want answers to." 

Felix starts to respond, but I turn to him and shoot him another small smile.

"No, Felix. I want answers from Jisung too. I have so many questions that it's unbelievable, and both of you are going to give me the answers. I want to know what's going on." I fold my arms over my chest and stand up firmly.

Jisung sighs and rubs a hand over his face.

"You were always bossy," he mutters before flopping onto the bed. He waves his hand in the air.

"Go ahead," Jisung says. "It's not like I'll die or anything." Felix slaps the boy's side and he doubles up in pain, his pride more hurt than anything else. I roll my eyes at Jisung's dramatics and bite my lip before talking.

"Who was the guy that came to the door yesterday?"

Jisung sits up straight and exchanges a look with Felix.

"Christopher came here yesterday?" Jisung asks softly, unconsciously clenching the sheets beneath him. Felix nods before turning to me.

"His name is Christopher. He's, well, he's-" Felix struggles to come up with the words, finally turning to Jisung and giving him a frustrated look.

"Ji, we have to tell her," he says quietly. "She'll never trust us if we aren't honest with her." Jisung violently shakes his head.

"No way, man. No. It's against the rules. The bet will be off, okay? There's no way-" Felix cuts in.

"Surely it'll be fine. She remembers some stuff, so they'll probably be okay with it." Turning to me, Felix stands and walks over to me, breathing deeply.

"Okay," he says slowly, bringing his hands up, as if I'm a scared animal. I watch him with both eyebrows raised. I'm a little skeptical and more than a little worried for their sanity.

"I'm going to show you something," Felix says, moving his hands to above his head. "I'm going to need you to not freak out." 

I narrow my eyes at him. Do I look like someone who freaks out easily? Felix recognizes my look and rolls his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. Just- just don't freak out, yeah?" I pinch my lips together and nod, giving Jisung one last look. He has his head buried in his hands.

Looking back at Felix, my eyes widen and I almost stumble back a step. He's completely different.

It's like before, when he took off his hat, but even more prominent. I'm positive he had blonde hair two seconds ago, but right now it's brown. His brown eyes seem to have gotten darker, and there's a definite glow around him. It's faint, and I probably wouldn't notice it if I wasn't looking, but it's there. 

When I don't "freak out", Felix nods and takes another step closer. He grins at me.

"Are you ready for the best part?" He says, winking. Jisung looks up at us quickly.

"You're going to show her your wings?" He cries, throwing his hands up in the air. "Felix, what the literal hell is wrong with you?"

Felix shrugs at him. "She's seen them before. It's a not big deal right now." Jisung shakes his head.

"It's a big deal to you, and you know it." Turning away from Jisung, Felix faces me and smiles softly.

"Don't listen to him, yeah?" Felix looks into my eyes and nods again. "Are you ready?" I smile at him, a little confused but ready to see whatever he wants to show me. Felix breaths in and closes his eyes briefly, his forehead creased in concentration. 

As if they've been there all along, a pair of black wings appear. Tapering at the end right above his shoulders, they flow down his back and the end brushes the floor. It shines a little in the light, the color so dark that it looks almost blue.

I reach out a finger to brush it gently, but Felix catches it before I can. He brings my hand to his lips and kisses it gently before pulling away.

"I'm sorry, angel, but you can't touch them." He does look apologetic as he blinks once more. In that instant, the wings disappear and it's like they were never there.

 I'm taken aback. All my questions have flown out the window to be replaced by one singular thought.

"You have wings?"